Ultimate Subaru Message Board

emissions number two. (T-coup-Austin)

Failed again, primarly for informational uses, I'm posting this mainly for austin to see the results.

hydrocarbons:

Cruise:340ppm, limit:180ppm

Idle:355ppm, limit:220ppm

CO(%)

Cruise:6.24 limit: 1.3

Idle:0.12 limit: 1.2 (Passed)

O2:

Cruise:2.34

Idle:8.97

Idle rpm was:830rpms

Cruise was: 1,780rpms

Currently stumped, Will be taking it to downtown to have it checked up.

Carl, do yourself a favor and take it down to the emissions guru in south Seattle (Austin knows where). Any work you do is just a guess and even if it runs better, it doesn't mean it'll pass emissions. Judging from the numbers you posted, it looks worse than last time. Also, I don't understand how they managed to run cruise at 1750 rpm; it's supposed to be 2500 (+ or - 200 I believe).

Failed again, primarly for informational uses, I'm posting this mainly for austin to see the results.

hydrocarbons:

Cruise:340ppm, limit:180ppm

Idle:355ppm, limit:220ppm

CO(%)

Cruise:6.24 limit: 1.3

Idle:0.12 limit: 1.2 (Passed)

O2:

Cruise:2.34

Idle:8.97

Idle rpm was:830rpms

Cruise was: 1,780rpms

Currently stumped, Will be taking it to downtown to have it checked up.

I think it's failing because they're driving it 25mph under load at 1700 rpms... Test results Are better than the first time, first time the cruise CO was 9.43 % instead of 6, so it's not as bad. And this time, the coolant temp never got above 190ºF during the whole test.

Sounds like they are letting the auto shift into 3rd (?); might be better to limit it to 2nd to get the rpm up to normal specs.

I think it's failing because they're driving it 25mph under load at 1700 rpms... Test results Are better than the first time, first time the cruise CO was 9.43 % instead of 6, so it's not as bad. And this time, the coolant temp never got above 190ºF during the whole test.

Thats exactly what they're doing, and they say it has to be tested in drive, no other gear... they're being pricks about it. Anyway, I'm taking it down to that guy in South Seattle today, and letting him look it all over and fix it if he can. If anything he can just sign a waver at this point.

Sounds like they are letting the auto shift into 3rd (?); might be better to limit it to 2nd to get the rpm up to normal specs.