Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Sad Sight inside...

Awhile back I participated in the Global Import Car Show in Tacoma, WA. While I didn't place, all 3 subaru awards went to my buddies (2 STi's, 1 WRX).

Syphon (Jay), Danbob99 (Dan) and I decided to leave the Tacoma Dome in search of food. What we saw initially excited us.

98Poor_RX3-med.JPG

Then we looked behind it...

98Poor_RX2-med.JPG

At this point, we're feeling pretty bad. Not sure what kind of person would do this. We were even more appalled by what we saw on the inside.

98Poor_RX1-med.JPG

The "kid" saw us poking around his car and approached us. Apparently he bought it with the tranny swap. He added the wing. And he wouldn't sell the ground effects kit to Dan for $100. He did offer the car to us for $2000.

Only thing that looks bad to me is that worthless wing. Interior looks fine; nothing I would do but what's so bad about it?

That looks like a 4EAT shifter to me; dunno if its FT4WD or just the 2WD 4spd but who cares? A tranny swap is pretty custom.

Hard to tell what it says on the tranny, looks like PRND32 almost... but where is 1?

I forget what it says on the 4 speeds, there IS a 2nd gear hold button or something right?

I think both inside and out its ugly... poor RX needs a 5 speed again all that tacky stuff from autozone removed. I bet my 87 GL is faster :lol:

the car was ugly, the kid, though he may have been slightly older than me :-p , wasn't the nicest seeming of guys, he's one that belongs in an automatic honda. Still can't believe he woulnd't sell me his body kit, think i offered 150 for it, wouldn't take it! He's asking 2K for it! Good luck! :drunk: