Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Project RX: Teaser update

Not soon after getting the engine all back together and making it run like a scalded dog (aside from the fuel cut) I parked it again. Put it up on its 4 favorite jackstands and started to have fun.

Some goodies awaiting to go on the front:

98Front_Brakes-med.JPG

A shot of the my rear coilover setup:

98Rear_Coilover-med.JPG

And a shot of the wheel spacers i'm putting on:

98Spacer-med.JPG

More detailed pics to come when project is done...

KYB GR2 stock replacements with a set of ebay coilovers on them. Bought coilovers for a 91+ subaru. *edit* Not exactly the same as mine, but these should work: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7928186445&category=33582

I'm currently trying to source a set of coilovers for a 2001+ Legacy. They use front strut connections like Impreza's (and xt6's) but use a eyelet connecton on the back like our cars.

See this link for some coilovers for the current Legacy GT. http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2848

So pretty! With adjustable height and dampening. But with a 3K price tag, a little out of reach. Also, hard to find in the US. Hopefully with the new GT, parts like these will come more available and cheaper here in the US.

Not soon after getting the engine all back together and making it run like a scalded dog (aside from the fuel cut).

Tex,

good to see Project RX is not Project RIP.....Can't wait to see it "done"

Tell me more about your fuel cut issue, I just solved mine!!!

garner

So... I have always wondered since I want to build up some super-subie someday... how do you insure it??

Is it a stock RX to the insurance company with liability only?

Or do you get full coverage and document all the mods "just in case"??

Seeing all the pretty toys going on I am guessing the second route, but am still asking. :-\

Flow: As far as insurance goes.. Its "stock" and liability only. If I had to pay for full coverage or special coverage insurance, I wouldn't be able to do all this stuf to it. Hopefully in the next year or so my insurance rate should be dropping, I may switch to full coverage at that time.

Brad, the rims are 2.5rs rims.

The stats are:

16x7

53+ offset

16.5lbs

205/55 R16 tires

I think its mainly due to the larger sidewall tire i'm running. And my back end sits close the height yours does.

Rob, Yes the car has rear calipers. They are those red things :-P And yes, they are the calipers that are staying on the car. Why would I paint parts i'm not gonna use? :-P