Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The innocuous RX (picture)

Does it look like an RX?

Would you recognize this car as anything other than a DL if you saw it on the road?

If someone could photoshop the wheels to white, I''d like to see it. Thinking about doing it, but just can't seem to visualize it.

23RX_no_decals_102404_004-med.jpg

Comments welcome.

Regards,

Jay

Yeah, most of the people on this board would easily recognize it as something a bit different than an econobox. Now the general public and most dabbling automotive people might have a bit more trouble.

It's surprised more than a few people headed up the Parkway in the mountains.

I'm also hoping that most of the police officers don't see it as anything other than an econobox.

Wasn't worried about the looks but my surface rust on the A pllars has gotten a bit farther gone than I like.

Going to start working on the body as soon as the garage gets empty. Haven't decided on a color yet. More than likely I will paint it original and add the decals before I spray the clear.

Opinions on painting the steel wheels white?

Jay

Thanks for the compliment carfreak.

id leave the wheels black if I were you...but other wise it does look great.

On the other hand...if you had the 2000 RS (6 spoke I think)wheels, in white that would be awesome. Or WRX wheels...or maybe the Legacy turbo (early)ones...

Maybe I will see the car in person at an autox sometime next year...

I really like it! that is the cleanest RX coupe i've seen, no rust etc.. sweet

I'm not sure about painting the wheels, i think if you got some hubs or wheels, it would look better. White painted wheels don't always look real good after road rash and mud. but then again, you can do it if you want and prove me wrong and do it, be sure to post some pictures

Yeah, most of the people on this board would easily recognize it as something a bit different than an econobox. Now the general public and most dabbling automotive people might have a bit more trouble.

true, however, those people probably haven't even heard of an RX, and if so, would probalby only be able to tell them apart by the decals, or if they were sitting right next to each other.

but yea, I can tell, still looks great!!!

• 2 months later...
EVEN MORE PEDESTRIAN ! The sacrifices made to run all season tires.

These wheels may be a bit too much even for me.

23Wiley_parts_Legacy_023.jpg

It's your grandmas RX.

Jay

Hey Jay, this is one boring looking car. I like it! :brow: The more it has that 'I couldn't hurt a fly' look about it, the better. Now add some surface rust and you'll be set.

Surface rust is located on the window pillar on the other side.:)

The 185/70 14's look just huge compared to the 205/50 15's that I replaced.

Much narrower than the 50's needless to say.

I put 39 lbs in the front tires and 34 lbs in the rear. Great rotation in the corners once the sidewalls stop flexing and sets up. Kinda scary actually.

Changed the power curve and the speedometer reading too.