Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Sticker on inside driver's door (when they were new)?

Hey all,

Of the 8 80's model Subarus I have owned, there is a rectangular spot on the driver's door panel on the upper portion where it looks like a sticker once was. What was this? I have seen it on DLs, GLs and XTs.

Curiosity kills this cat.....

My car had one that the previous owners left on there for 18 years, took 5 min before I ripped it off, I think sit said something about:

Your subaru is equipped with a turbo let it cool down a little and don't shut it off while driving down the highway.

Might be wrong though. You said that it was one a non turbo car?

My XT had one on it, the orig owner left it on. I still haven't gotten all the sticky goo off the door panel either :mad:

Mine said something like: if the engine is cold, use no throttle to start it, if the engine is warm, start it with half-throttle. (I never touch the gas when I start any car)

My XT had one on it, the orig owner left it on. I still haven't gotten all the sticky goo off the door panel either :mad:

Mine said something like: if the engine is cold, use no throttle to start it, if the engine is warm, start it with half-throttle. (I never touch the gas when I start any car)

this is one that is on my dad's 83 wagon....

popsmcbrat83sticker.jpg

My new-to-me '90 Loyale has THREE of those stickers. Haven't read them all, just the one about letting the car idle for a minute before engine shutdown.

I'm not much into warning placards, especially when they are pretty much common sense ("Don't put scalding hot coffee between your legs while driving.") I also do not like sticky stuff on my interior trim. Their time is limited, so if you need a pic, ask soon...