Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Look what I found: EA81 race pics!... now more.....

Guest LeoneTurbo

you can e-mail them to me, or I can grab them if someone else posts them. I would like to add them to the ultimatesubaru.org site either way if that's okay....

thanks,

Mick

Guest UltimateRX

Mick, they are on their way, 8 e-mails with pictures, one with contact info. I'll be leaving soon for the rally, and won't be back till Sunday evening late. Let me know if you get these.

Guest UltimateRX

:lol: , which Friday?? Or do you mean on your web site??? :lol:

Went to your web site, didn't see them. OK, I know there at ALOT of them, that's why it was taking me so long. :)

actually working on it right now... got busy at work friday :)

and have been having POS computer problems (WinME/DSL related)

I sorted through them and will have something up tonight yet....

Guest Turbone

Thanks alot Mike, now I have to clean up my key board:eek: Yea, its to bad we cant get any of this stuff now. If its the same items that Marnix quoted prices for, I'll need to win the lottery.

Rob

Guest LeoneTurbo

Look at the heads they were using on the rally engine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Edit*: Anyway, not all the pics seem to work. I managed to download quite a few before they started acting up. Did I break anything???

Rudy, if you want to e-mail them to me, go ahead. also, if you want any narration with them, let me know, and I'll make up a proper looking page.....

thanks,

Mick

Those pics are awesome. Now we know the EA81 4wd NA was the first RX, altho it was JDM only. Its to bad I wasnt into Subaru's when I was in Japan with the USN. But then it would have been all 1st Gen stuff. I know I saw lots of the 360's there, Vans and Trucks but not many cars.

Rob

Guest LeoneTurbo

The only 'vintage' Subaru I've seen in Japan so far, was a 88 Leone Stationwagon. 1.8L, 2WD, white with black bumpers...

So I'm not all that excited about the old(er) Subaru's here. I want to find some adresses of 'nostalgic hero' dealers so I can see an 1300G in the flesh.

BTW, I 'read' somewhere on a Japanese site that Subaru started development of the 4WD system on the 1300G and also did initial testing on that car. Interesting, interesting... That would be an awsome car to have!

Guest ProjectRudy

I think I've got a pic of one. It is still called the RX. It was a 1300cc motor, twin carb, single inlet port, dual exhuast ports (think VW - one facing forward), extractors part time 4x4, 3.7 diff LSD rear, and wait for it..... 96hp from factory. It would have been a WILD toy for it's time!!!

Guest UltimateRX

Yea, I've seen a picture of that somewhere, but don't think it was in your photos Rudy. I was wondering about if it was an RX, how can the EA81 derived RX be considered the first gen, and the EA82 version a gen two??

Guest UltimateRX

No Marnix, you are not right, I'll try to find the picture, but there was a car in the mid 70's that had 4WD and looked very agressive, that car was badged as a RX.

Guest LeoneTurbo

It's starts to dawn now... Didn't I send a picture of a '74 2-door that was called RX?

020615_my70_leone_rx.jpg

Mid 70s RX

Corky, my sincere apologies for this unfortunate mishap!

Guest UltimateRX

Yep, that's the guy!!!! No need to apologies, we can be right all the time (well except for me :lol: ). So, was that a mis-titled photo, or was it really called an RX??

Guest UltimateRX

Well, I'm counting this one (the 74) as the first and the 1998 Impreza RX as the last. Maybe both were one off creations, but the both are identified as RXs.