Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Everyone loves pics...so here are a few(56k=die)

WJM

Warning...large pics...

Dscf3255.jpg

Dscf3256.jpg

Dscf3257.jpg

Dscf3260.jpg

The pics of the block is what happens when you blow a head gasket and continue to drive until the engine stops running. The spots you see in the block...are almost equally bad in the mirrored spots on the heads....which, btw, the heads never cracked.

I think the whole car looks Sweet! The roof rack just blends right in with the lines of everything else, wouldn't look right without it. Just my 2 cents though. On the other hand though the engine doesn't look too hot at all, or looks like it got way too hot!

Ahhh I just read that bottom of the post ignore all below ya driving on a blown HG = not good. Good picks deffinatly a lowered wagon, the RX ground effects look great especialy the from one, gives the wagon a mean look!

Ya what the heck did you do to that engine, can you fix it? It looks like someone attacked your coolent passages with an arc cutter. Is that from just a blown headgasket? You can acually see the sleaves! trippy!!

No dude, sorry if that came off wrong:-\ . I dunno what others think, but coming from a soob nut like myself, I think it's quirky and neat. Totally cool.

DIdnt come off wrong...i guess my response made it look like it did tho.

Everyone has a comment about the roof rack and such....Dale at boxer4racing.com autox's a sweet 98 impreza L wagon...has the roof rack delete on it. THAT looks good. The Gen 3 wagons with out the roof stuff jsut looks....ugly. The Gen 1's and 2's look good either with or with out.

Yes...those are from a blown head gasket. The engine pictured in the car is the replacement engine for the engine thats pictured with the huge gaps there....

Wagon looks good.......:cool:

Engine no look so good.....

Seen simular damage on a 'Yota engine, the head actually, total wash-out between adjoining cylinders from owner driving it for over 6 months with blown head gasket. (no comments will be made on this former significant other)

Amazing what damage can be done from compressed air, ain't it??

hmm seems to be missing a dis coil pack setup like i have hehe

also you need to ditch the maf and half teh extra wires :)

maybe when i can afford intake gaskets i can finally get mine running again

btw looking good well except the head gaskets those.. don't look so good

hmm seems to be missing a dis coil pack setup like i have hehe

also you need to ditch the maf and half teh extra wires :)

maybe when i can afford intake gaskets i can finally get mine running again

btw looking good well except the head gaskets those.. don't look so good

You need to build me the ECU and stuff so I can just bolt iton, wire it up and tune and go. ;)