Ultimate Subaru Message Board

TWE Parts installed Pics

WJM

Thanks WJM,

Looks like the clearance issue wouldn't have been too bad for me on my Brat...Oh well, I've got mine built anyway.

Whats the Boost point with the new set up? IE when does boost come on and when do you hit max boost? I know you said the mid-range is awsome but when exactly are you getting there?

garner

Oh thats right...yours is special and not part of the Folgers buy....

It will probably be some time before I do a dyno run. I imagine that it will be after I do the TD04 turbo before I spend some $ on the dyno.

First...ive got to fix a great many number of small issues that have crept up....things like...the lack of addequate negative camber, adding PS and AC back on...fixing the steering column (one of the shaft bearings has come undone), fix some of the body work...redo the IC plumbing and get my other hood out and get an STi scoop fitted and do some IC air ducting...the list goes on for a bit more :drunk::banghead:

But, YES, I plan on dynoing soon. The most important thing is to get the engine tuned in...its far from it.

I did some 4th geat pulls in my EA81T this weekend and my turbo light and boost gauge start reading positive manifold pressure at 1200rpm and hit max boost at 2000rpm. I wouldn't mind a slower spool up if I gained a lot of power! WJM, IMHO I think it would be better to do dyno tests in between adding major parts so that you can see what is benifiting the power band the most.

I agree with the dyno testing....but mind you I am inbetween jobs right now and i cannot justify driving 40+ miles/1 hr or more in traffic to spend about $70~$80 to go an play on the dyno for about 30 mins...and come back...then go back a few days later. I simply dont have the cash. IF i did....you would get dyno runs posted for every single timing adjustment I would make. :drunk:

mmmm looks niiiiice. I'm thinkin I might be getting a TWE setup for my RX when I get the TD04 turbo too. But I need to get some $$$ for it and it'll be after I get my 5-lug parts on it and get her running with the d/r FT4WD tranny which I just scored for 80 bucks along with the glass I need as well:D

nice nice nice!

any chance that the skidplate fits back on easily?

I have no clue...Ive never had one with a factory skid plate...but the way I am starting to drive the RX...i may need one...

Where would you put a cat converter on that setup? What kind/size would fit?

That side pipe setup I did away with...a tad noisy and not legal...and I'd like the exhaust to exit out the back...

So...Im putting in a universal 3 way cat, 2.5 inch ID, in the location of where the stock second cat would be (almost) and going with the 2.5 inch cat back I previously had on there...and installing a Thrush Glass Pack, again 2.5 inch ID, as the 'muffler'...mostly doing this so I can pass emissions testing here...and I want to muffle it a little and exit it out the back...and i would like to not polute as much...

So technically...and size/type would fit if you've got a welder, pipe, portaband...and a place to do all this...aka a concrete pad infront of your house...oh, and jack stands and a jack.

• 2 weeks later...

I talked to Keith at TechWorks earlier to see how things were going with my order. I mentioned the problem Will had with his power steering line(s) being in the way of the piping itself. (Were the A/C lines also in the way). Keith stated that there is a new batch of piping with a redesign to address these issues. There still may be some compromise as to something being in the way as before by not to the same extent that Will had problems. They didn't want to sacrifice performance too much with the change in the piping route.

Also, when some of you post about TWE, can you please use their name 'TechWorks' at least once in the post? The only reason I ask is that it's difficult to look up TWE posts since it's only 3 letters. The search function doesn't like 3 letters words to much, at least not TWE. It won't work! :banghead:

Myxalpylx, what did Tech Works Engineering have to say about the staus of the nest batch? I believe my pipes are part of the same production run and I have not heard from Jack.

So there might not be any PS issues?

:banana:

I heard that the next batch is on it's way. I believe there were supplier issues that may have triggered this but I'd call for details. As far as I know, it's already been all ironed out and things are moving forward at this point. As for Jack, he's been reprimanded for charging fully on orders that weren't completed instead of charging half first then the other half when the job was completed. I know because I was one of the orders that got charged completely. I don't know any further details as far as that goes. Keith apologized for the whole thing. :cool:

There may or may not be any power steering issues depending on what exactly was changed and the exact model the piping will be installed on. From my understanding, TechWorks are aware of our situation as far as the power steering goes and they have addressed it. However, they did not address it to a point where power would be compromised so there still may be issues with the installation and power steering but nowhere to the extinct it would've been with the orginal design.

Good to here, Jack had told me 4-6 weeks back in Sept. be nice to find out they are shipped and somewhere between here and there. Thanks for the update.

Are you going to use header wrap? I thought I'd do in front of the oil pan but why stop there. Higher temps = less pressure loss. 86$cdn it cost me for two rolls, ouch.

Are you going to use header wrap? I thought I'd do in front of the oil pan but why stop there. Higher temps = less pressure loss. 86$cdn it cost me for two rolls, ouch.

Nah, I won't be using header wrap. I too much rain and snow where I'm at. Maybe if I lived in Southern California. :brow: I just hope I'm able to get everything installed smoothly as well as the rest of you. Heck, I hope we get our parts we've ordered. I'm a pessimist so.............:(