Ultimate Subaru Message Board

BYB- Are they ok?

Jared

I have been trying to get in contact with and purchase a BYB lift kit. I am not getting any response back from brett. Can anyone tell me if he is still making kits? Is it worth buying 1 from them? I am worried bout sending $ to them when they take weeks to reply to emails? Can they be trusted. I dont mean to sound like a jerk, but i am really keen to get a kit and his look the best and are priced the best but he doesnt seem interested. Any sugestions?

Actually we have a bluemountains here in Oz, so he could be from here.

Brett is an excellent fellow who makes the lift kits as more of a hobby than a business ( he has a fulltime job in the building industry so subaru's are his weekend occupation ).

I think you'll find he has a LOT on his plate at the moment which may be why he hasn't replied to you.

If you are in Oz I would suggest checking out http://www.ausubaru.com

which is the home of the byb guys.

Coordinating things through Brett can be a pain. He's tough to get ahold of and responses are few and far between. I can tell you however he will stick to his word and you will get your lift kit. I would hold off on sending any money untill you do get ahold of him. This way he has a heads up on what you want, he can let you know what is turn around time will be, and you guys can work out the details.

The lift kits are WELL WORTH THE WAIT! :drunk:

Hey sorry i spose i should have made it clear i am from the Blue Mountains near Sydney Australia. Thanks 4 the replies. I have checked out the links you have given- thanks. I didnt think he was a dodgy character but just wanted to check. The last email he sent me was a month ago saying he had the flu and would email me in a few days.

I have only heard good things bout brett and the kits so i will hold off for a bit and see if i can still contact him.

cheers boys,

jared

This would be Patrick, the only US direct dealer of the BYB lift. His web site is Ozified

Hey patrick. I am in Australia, if things fall through with Brett is there any chance of getting a kit through you?

Are you in regular contact with Brett at all?

I have a mate that wants a kit too.

cheers

jared