Ultimate Subaru Message Board

RX troubles (not engine thou)

JWX

*knocks on wood. what would cause the fan blower not to blow as it should? it blows all four speeds, but a 7 mile ride didn't get the winsheld defrosted. the heat works ok, so I'm thinking it might be the ducting? if so where do I find that stuff at?

now the next problem the front susp, I think its shot (bad ride quailty, etc) so what all do I need to bring it back to stock (I'm talking bushings here, the struts, springs are fine) and the shifter sucks, can I get new bushings for it? if so where do I find those? any chance to get some poly or urathane(sp) ones made up?

so any idea where to get the ducting at? I called a dealer but he said they couldn't get it, but this was the same dealer that said they no longer sold subarus back about 6-7 months ago, so I take that with a grain of salt

so any idea where to get the ducting at? I called a dealer but he said they couldn't get it, but this was the same dealer that said they no longer sold subarus back about 6-7 months ago, so I take that with a grain of salt

It should be the same ducting as in any EA82, but I can check my parts book when I get home tonight.

Dude...just take the stuff apart...clean out the mice nest...and its good as new! ;)

I know that the front struts are plenty good....so Im going to suspect, like I always have, that the bushings are totally Foo-bar'd...since it is a northern/winter car...salt+rubber=no more rubber.

well, if your vac. going to the heater controlls is not hooked up, it will only blow out the face vents, not the defroster, or heater or anything other than the face vents. can you select from the floor to the defroster ok?

sometimes they just need some duct tape where the sealing foam has eroded.

every different position works, just not that well. I don't think its a mouse nest as I don't here anything rambling around (my hatch had one that and it made noises, then it fell apart and started blowing out the vents)

and I kind of thought the bushing were gone too, which be why I said it ;) anybody know if they're some like urethane ones available? I don't really want soild ones but if its that or rubber I'll take the steel ones.

well, if your vac. going to the heater controlls is not hooked up, it will only blow out the face vents, not the defroster, or heater or anything other than the face vents. can you select from the floor to the defroster ok?

sometimes they just need some duct tape where the sealing foam has eroded.

Thanks archemitis...you just answered a question I was about to post..I forgot that mine doesnt like to switch from "bi level" to defrost or bi level to anything. But it will sometimes after playing with the switches enough.

Its a bit of a job, but if you pull the blower housing out you can get to the face of the heater core, I found that mine was quite plugged with leaves and such. I get leaves blowing out of my vents in the fall, seems these cars have no screen on the blower inlet other than the grid on the cowl (guess I should stop parking under that tree :P ). I had blower motor out of my RX recently and found a bit of stuff stuck in the fan.

Gary

• 5 months later...