Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Introduction

Hi my name is Jim and I'm addicted to ugly station wagons. (HI JIM). My first Loyale (90 5 spd) was doomed from the beginning: the guy that gave it to me raced sailboats and the poor wagon would sit 2 feet deep in salt water twice a week, which was never washed off. It was the rustiest beast out there. Ten monthes later I got hit by an 18 wheeler and DROVE HOME. That old monster didn't even flinch, she lasted another 3 monthes and the front end, the clutch, the tranny and the tick of doom (i shoulada bolted the headers back on) conquered the poor thing and her last voyage creeped 30 miles up 128 north to my house. So I bought another: a '92 Loyale 5 spd AND the 4wd works on this one. She's a bit busted up from two fender benders, has 102,000 miles, but the 4wd rocks, the engine purrs, a the interior is spotless AND little to no rust on this one.

I found you guys wandering through a google search and have been reading for the last day or so. It was pretty shocking to find out there are other lovers of the old subaru's.

I'm home,

jim

Wow, lots of posts, in a little time!

Soon you will be having thoughts of your Loyale being 3-6" taller and having swampers on it!

Took me about 30 seconds in the offroad forum! I'm thinkin 3", some 27 inchers and a hi-lo 5 spd from the DL I believe.

Seahag1978,

You wouldn't happen to be proud the owner of that old gold wagon that parks around the Hathorne hotel? You may of seen me ogeling that baby from the seat of a deafening blue loyale. Or you've heard me roaring through downtown salem on the way to work.

I'm gonna love it here,

jim

HI JIM!

Yes you will be at home, but no, you will never be normal after posting a few here..

Glad you can make it, we all love subaru love tales and soap operas (haha, in a non intimate sort of way..:-\ )

I want to see the loyale on 44"s (to anyone that knows; i think it's theoretically attainable, but has it happened?)

Nice to have you aboard!!

Wow, lots of posts, in a little time!

Took me about 30 seconds in the offroad forum! I'm thinkin 3", some 27 inchers and a hi-lo 5 spd from the DL I believe.

Seahag1978,

You wouldn't happen to be proud the owner of that old gold wagon that parks around the Hathorne hotel? You may of seen me ogeling that baby from the seat of a deafening blue loyale. Or you've heard me roaring through downtown salem on the way to work.

I'm gonna love it here,

jim

Not the gold wagon... the screaming yellow and red Brat (not to be confused with a DHL Delivery or MassElectric truck). I'll keep an ear out for ya... if I can hear you over mine! LOL!

Since you have now launched yourself on the path towards self destruction, please print out the first post in this thread

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12938

and give it to your wife/girlfriend/significant other. He or she will greatly appreciate it!

oh yeah...welcome to the board, and abondon all hopoe of recovery. Subaru addiction is usually terminal. :)