Ultimate Subaru Message Board

It's ALIVE! Broke the Record!!!

We got the Brat back up and running! Thank you so much for the parts Subafreak!!

We also broke the record and drove a full 18.4 miles with no breakdown!:) Well, the air filter fell off at 1.6 miles and made a heartstopping noise when it hit the fan... it didn't break (whew). She stalls like crazy and there's no heat... but technically she didn't break down!

The idle was a tad high and she backfired at the gas station... scared the heart out of the kid that was filling up his brand new WRX at the next pump... heheheh <evil grin> After he got over his shock, he did wander over to check out the Brat. He left with the feeling that he made a good choice in car companies.

Anyway, the big stuff is all checked and redone and now it's done right... <sigh>

Thank you all for the help and moral support! I really appreciate it! :)

Mary

You go Girl!!!:banana:

Just keep plugging away at the little Gremlins that pop up, and you'll have it running good in no time.

Have had people ask me why I spend time and money on mine. Well, Cause it's mine, and not your's!!!!

Working on the purchase of BRAT #4 at this time. Just made the 3rd payment to owner of it, 2 maybe 3 more to go. Another '86 GL D/R 4spd.

Jus kant hep m'seff.........

Way to go Mary!!!!!Pretty soon its gonna be going like a champ! I hope you dont mind ..but I kinda stole a pic from the photo gallery of your Brat and used it as wallpaper on the one puter at work.

Thanks Connie! Awwww... I'm flattered <blush> she's not perfect yet, but at least she's not just a pretty face anymore! Not to forget the invitation for sledding... preferrably just a few 12 oz. curls... loooong weekend coming up! We have a guest room :) Mary

Mary,

I am glad you are flattered...I absolutly love your Brat,I think its the color or something but she is a beauty. I cant wait to see her at the import car show!! Thank you so much for the invite!

And on Toms comment..I get the same thing from my one neighbor..he always asks why I keep working on my Loyale..why dont I just get rid of the POS (Bucky can't hear me right now).I say its not a POS,its bought and paid for....always gets me to where I have to go.And I keep it because I CAN!

I look at it this way..its worth more to me than any dollar amount.I try my best to take care of it to the best of my ability..and he takes care of me in return. The heart of your Brat knows what you are doing for it.And when time comes ..all your efforts will be paid back 100 fold.

Congrats on getting her going!!

what Connie said about being paid back is sooo true. Paid $150 for my GL wagon a little over three years ago, poured about another $1000 into her getting her up to snuff (clutch, both front axles, tires, battery, & altenator) and never looked back. this little car is about to join the 200K club and still going strong. wouldnt trade her for much of anything - ceptin maybe a dual range!! LOL (mine is only a 2wd)

keep pluggin away at it and before you know it, you will have a great vehicle.