Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Best music for wrenching on the Subaru

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amon Amarth!

Best F#cking melodic death/viking metal ever! Any album, any song, but my favorite album is "With Oden On Our Side"...

QUOTE]

+10

Mine vary on mood.

Leaves Eyes

Enter the Haggis

Man-O-War

The Jolly Rogers

Recent addition, Daft Punk

BLS

Hammerfall

Classic rock like including Boston, Foghat, Bob Seger, Eric Clapton Southern Rock Molly Hatchet, Lynyrd Skynyrd

Easy listening? Harry Chapin, Jim Croce, Cat Stevens, Elton John, Ray Charles, James Taylor, Jimmy Buffett

Old country George Jones, Merle Haggard, Waylon/Willie, David Allen Coe.

A lot of the mixes from the 70's for "Classic Rock", "Singers & Songwriters",

whatever Sams club had that looked interesting.

Mostly CNBC the TV Business channel actually - I have a crappy TV but the sound is good. Another hobby is investing - especially stocks and it's nice to know what folks on TV may say that may cause folks to make certain decisions when they are too stupid to think for themselves. I can often make money off of that to fuel my car hobby and overall it's done me well.

Now that I got Sirius (radio is tough in a pole building) It's usually on the classic rock stations. Haven't purchased a new CD (unless a new realease) in probably 4 years.

Haven't purchased a new CD (unless a new realease) in probably 4 years.

What is this "purchase music cd" you speak of?

I only know of internet downloads... :grin:

Nah, I've never paid full blow for a CD, mine have always come out of the discount bin. Got a great one, "Audio Day Dream" by Blake Lewis on clearance when Circuit City was closing. Beat Boxing is awesome BTW.

Twitch

Classic rock like including Boston, Foghat, Bob Seger, Eric Clapton Southern Rock Molly Hatchet, Lynyrd Skynyrd

Easy listening? Harry Chapin, Jim Croce, Cat Stevens, Elton John, Ray Charles, James Taylor, Jimmy Buffett

Old country George Jones, Merle Haggard, Waylon/Willie, David Allen Coe.

I agree, I listen to this plus a lot of indie rock, Coldplay, Black Keys, Franz Ferdinand, Dispatch, Jack Johnson, Jon Mayer, White Stripes, Modest Mouse, Weezer, Phoenix. Two of my favorites lately have been the Local Natives and Jack Johnson.

Plus Led Zeppelin, The Doors, Guess Who, Arlo Guthrie and Grateful Dead! :headbang:

I like Metallica a whole lot, not much post-Cliff Burton however.

Boston, Kansas, Journey, Judas Priest (breakin' the law :lol:)

Lots of Nine Inch Nails, Tool, A Perfect Circle, maybe a little Marilyn Manson here and there....

And since I'm from Los Angeles, always gotta throw some classic gangsta rap in there :grin:

I can't hear it over the air compressor, drill, hammer'n, whoop'n'holler'n anyway so I just put it on NPR.

+ 1

I like stuff that is not as well known. Give me some David Baerwald, Kevin Gilbert, Toy Matinee, Crowded House, Split Enz, Niel and Tim Finn..... And I can wrench for hours at a time!

• 6 months later...

This are my "Number Ones" :brow:

1. [♪] Iron Maiden:
http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=95208

• [♪] Within Temptation

• [♪] After Forever

• [♪] Rhapsody (of Fire)

Rhapsody (of Fire) has a Philarmonic Metal Style, they even sang with the Great Actor of the Deep Voice:

...accept_logo.jpg ...

Accept is Great Too... I Remember "Prisioner" and "Generation Clash" from my Days at HighSchool, also "SeaWinds" is Nice, but "Mistreated" is Beautiful... I Have the Rare Extended Version.

I like Metallica a whole lot, not much post-Cliff Burton however...

I Agree...

but I Like the Black Album and the Cover they did of an Iron Maiden Song, "Remember Tomorrow" :headbang:

Could you Believe that my Little Baby Girl does Like my Philarmonic Metal Songs? :burnout:

No music while working, I'm out on the street doing my repairs and have no boom-box. Just the sweet sweet sounds of my own voice cursing and screaming while underneath the Sube :banghead:

Hey! That sounds like me! Street parking repairs except for the head gaskets (at a friend's apartment with a parking lot) and the clutch/dr 5-speed (a friend with a rental house and driveway). I get music stuck in my head a lot, though. I think the last song was certain one about being well endowed (link below). I jammed a roll pin trying to get it out and spent an entire day cursing at the d*amn thing, and that song cheered me up.

(NSFW):

barbara steisand and bette midler. if im feeling really hardcore, celine dion, for her heavy guitar riffs!!!!

maybe some justin bieber, just for variety. gotta have my bieb.

lol......

naw, like a few have said, classic rock is good, something with a good beat.

lyrics are pretty meaningless when banging and grinding and running compressor. all you hear is the beat anyhow.

i prefer the albums that all run together, like pink floyd.

its really just an 75 minute song.

i get kinda retro when im doing quieter car work, like wiring, etc....

new wave. heck i even listen to the old pre WW2 stuff, like al jolson and off the wall stuff like that. johnny cash. bluegrass, maybe. i have a heard time keeping my eyes and hands in the slow electrical-work gear, if my ears are in that fast punkrock and techno and death metal gear. Tool works cuz its loud and heavy but slower tempo. same as some system of a down.

im a diehard fan of rage against the machine. i just dont feel like it flows well with my mindset when wrenching. and the main buddy who helps me in the garage a lot is into gangster rap. he is polite and pretends he is okay with the metal and hard rock, but i know deep down he wishes it was Dre or

easy-e or something like that.