Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Thanksgiving Weekend Projects

Got yours planned? Well I have my engine basically all done. Will button up some last minute stuff, and change the oil again etc. So thought I might try and tackle my MR2 IC this weekend or get some miles on the car if it doesn't snow too much..So what are you guys up to or working on this weekend?

ic.jpg

what ever happened to not moddind the rx

I autox'ed it. "Wheres the damned power!??!?! :banghead: " I forgot how slow a stock EA82T engine is. It handled great...but...no balls. The exh, and intake stuffs fix that.

After the IC in on properly, thats the end of mods for the engine until i can get a MS+DIS unit worked out perfectly and able to tune it.

The rest of the work will be on suspension/handling/brakes/tire-wheel combo.

wouldn't it be easier and more cost effective just to get another scoop for the RX?

No. That woudl cost time and $ which i have neither of...and I'd ruin another perfectly good hood. :drunk:

The one on the wagon is an experimental hood...when i figure out how to mount an STi scoop on the hood and make it look IMMACUALTE...then i will start to cut up a good hood to do so....plus the IC keeps changing underhood positions...so...would not make sense to cut up hoods...jsut make one fit all until its all perminant. lol

Start with seeing if I can find my garage floor again. I have stuff laying all over the place in there. Been wrenching on other peoples cars, and just tossing the old parts in the door. Been working long hours at work, so "free time" is rather limited, hence the making of the disaster in the garage.

Then, it's pulling the heads on the '84. Snapped off the manifold bolts attempting EA-82 manifold & Weber swap. Found a set of heads on E-Bay for $50.00 shipped to my door.

See if I can locate another rear axle for the '95 Dodge Ram I own. It's howling, not real bad, but howling gears aren't good. R & P is worn, spiders are loose on cross-pin. Just plain cheaper and easier to swap whole axle.

Slap a new muffler on Wife's Grand Am. She don't like the nice throaty rumble that the holey one under it is giving off.

Put some plastic up on a couple windows on the house. Was planned to get new ones in over the summer. Not with the hours I've been working..... So, it's plastic time....

Get the plowblade and chains mounted on the rider, and get it fired up and running. Should've had that done already, seeing as we got dumped on Wednesday night. Only about 3 - 4", but I'm to old to be shoveling that stuff anymore. That, and the driveway is to big for shovel work, need powered equipment. I can park 10 - 12 vehicles side by side in it, that's big......

Messed with the heater in the buggy so it blows HOT air instead of COLD air. Not going to have a hot cold switch. Going to be left on HOT and cable removed! The buggy has plenty of cold air available without the heater.

Glenn

82 SubaruHummer

01 Forester

Replacing the front bumper, right headlight bucket and hood on my XT6. I have decided that replacing the bumper was a bad bad bad idea. I have a bra for it and should have used it, but it was slightly hit on the right side and was pushed up and in. This caused the right light bucket to not operate all the way open, which pointed the light at the ground in front of the car. If anyone ever thinks of doing this to thier XT, I suggest a big dose of patience and time. I wont get into the gruesome details, unless you plan on doing it (PM me). But lets just say it almost requires a full disassembly of the front of the car. That, and putting the studs on the T-Wagon for the Xmas tree run tomorrow. And the RX sits, still :-\ Waiting for $$ to do a legit transplant.

Oh, and relax some playing with the puppy :D