Ultimate Subaru Message Board

clutch for modified EA82T

you want/need a spring hub. Orelse you will start breaking off the gears!!!

the springs keep most of the shock out of the driveline.

Correct. I want springs.

Unless you've got a fully built engine/trans (talking dox gears and other sutff like dat) and SERIOUSLY beefy axles and all kinda of other stuff...no solid hub.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, springs it is. Clutchnet hasn't responded to my email yet, so I guess I will just call them tomorrow. They only have three of there clutches available with springs for our cars. So I guess I will go with their 6 button clutch (10705) if I can afford it. If it costs too much then I think I will just go with a plain stock XT6 clutch, probably the one from clutchmasters because they seem to make good quailty clutches. I'll let you all know what I decide tomorrow and thanks for all the help once again.

ok, springs it is. Clutchnet hasn't responded to my email yet, so I guess I will just call them tomorrow. They only have three of there clutches available with springs for our cars. So I guess I will go with their 6 button clutch (10705) if I can afford it. If it costs too much then I think I will just go with a plain stock XT6 clutch, probably the one from clutchmasters because they seem to make good quailty clutches. I'll let you all know what I decide tomorrow and thanks for all the help once again.

my friend has the 6-puck Ez-lok. in his Legacy turbo.

I believe it was 125 for the disc.

okay I emailed clutchnet for prices and here is what they replied back with:

Hello Mark,

What are the prices for each of these part numbers:

10000 - $85.00 3 puck solid

10100 - $95.00 4 puck solid

10200 - $110.00 6 puck solid

10300 - $75.00 Air Lock Organic Sloid

10400 - $75.00 Kush Lock Organic Solid Marcel Drive plate

10500 - $135.00 - 3 puck sprung

10600 - $150.00 4 puck sprung

10700 - $165.00 6 puck sprung

Pressure Plate - $225.00 modified 50% stronger then stock

Thank you,

Igor

ClutchNet

I bought the 6 puck sprung (10700) for $165 and their pressure plate for another $200 (looks like they sold it to me for $25 less :brow: . It is still more than I wanted to pay, but I think I will be happy with my choice as soon as it gets all bolted up. I think this deal is still better value wise than clutchmasters $600 clutch kit.

okay I emailed clutchnet for prices and here is what they replied back with:

I bought the 6 puck sprung (10700) for $165 and their pressure plate for another $200 (looks like they sold it to me for $25 less :brow: . It is still more than I wanted to pay, but I think I will be happy with my choice as soon as it gets all bolted up. I think this deal is still better value wise than clutchmasters $600 clutch kit.

So I guess this is going to be THE setup to look for if you are going with a modified EA82-T, right? Just asking and trying to do my homework.

They dont.

I asked them what it would take to get one made....id need to send them a core and they would see what they could do with it...

I asked what an Impreza flywheel costs...he said for the 2.5's its about $325, and they weigh in at about 10~11 lbs.

Hmmmmm........

id like to try the heavy pressure plate with a stock friction disc... i have done this in motorcycles with great results, enguagement is smooth still, with just a heavier pedal.

i have driven a 3 and 5 puck, on a 20lb boosted eclipse, and a boosted 300z and... its hard to get off the line...

a cop was next to me in the eclipse once, at a stop sign. and you pretty much have to dump the clutch, and take off... luckily i didnt get pulled over.

• 3 weeks later...
5th post in a row...LOL

I think im going with the 3 or 4 puck, and maybe a presure plate next time I have the RX apart for something like that.

I'd go with a 4 puck. Three puck engagement tends to be violent. You will stall or break stuff.

So, Will.....you were the only one to experience slippage while using a stock XT6 clutch? It seems others have had success using a stock XT6 clutch as well as a stock EA82-T clutch. Hrrmm......so what's the consensus here?

Also, have anyone here called Paul Eklund of Primitive Enterprise to see if he still carries an upgraded XT6 clutch setup? I'm going to go with a stock XT6 clutch setup for $89 as posted earlier. I mean, a stock XT6 puts out over 40lb-ft of torque more than a stock RX turbo at lower rpms. It must can hold up to some abuse from a modified EA82T. Does anyone have any proof as to how much extra torque a modified EA82T puts out?

• 8 months later...
So, Will.....you were the only one to experience slippage while using a stock XT6 clutch? It seems others have had success using a stock XT6 clutch as well as a stock EA82-T clutch. Hrrmm......so what's the consensus here?

thats correct. Both the stock XT6 and the stock EA82T factory and OE replacement aftermarket ones slip at around 12~13 psi with TWE header/TBE, intercooler. Otherwise, w/out IC and stuff...it holds fine up to 15 PSI....the car makes a TON more TQ with the header/TBE and IC.

the consensus is that you cannot use the stock stuff anymore if you want to hold 180+ crank HP for more than...well, one day.

Also, have anyone here called Paul Eklund of Primitive Enterprise to see if he still carries an upgraded XT6 clutch setup? I'm going to go with a stock XT6 clutch setup for $89 as posted earlier. I mean, a stock XT6 puts out over 40lb-ft of torque more than a stock RX turbo at lower rpms. It must can hold up to some abuse from a modified EA82T. Does anyone have any proof as to how much extra torque a modified EA82T puts out?

No.

Yes.

rx_max_power.jpg

My clutch held that. That was the "stage 2" at $165...for a 25% over stock cover, an 8 puck kevelar disc, throwout bearing and pilot bearing.

Presently, that setup is in JWX's RX now. My car has a stock cover with the same disc...it costs $55 by its self. Dyno charts to come of the current setup with an AWIC.

hey will, was that with the clutchnet stuffs???

Negative. Their prices are sky high compared to my source.

$55 for the disc alone? Cant beat that.

btw...so far, the disc handles full boost launches with my setup with the STOCK cover and stock weight flywheel.

0% slip once the cover is fully engaged on the disc.

best of all, its EXTREMELY streetable.

will, can you get me one of those?? i will be needing one once i get the engine done.

Negative. Their prices are sky high compared to my source.

$55 for the disc alone? Cant beat that.

btw...so far, the disc handles full boost launches with my setup with the STOCK cover and stock weight flywheel.

0% slip once the cover is fully engaged on the disc.

best of all, its EXTREMELY streetable.