Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What hooks up here (spider intake related)?

Marck,

If you look at all that mess of steel spegetti, and trace the lines, those are just used for routing vacuum back and forth to both sides of the engine/engine bay.

I believe the line you have pointed out is a vacuum line going to the charcoal canister POS.

In my install, I ditched the canister, egr, etc and use none of the hard vacuum lines on the manifold.

I get vacuum / reference off the spider or TB for these few things

disty advance

tranny (5sp push button)

RRFPR

BOV

Depending on how much or little emisions stuff you want/ need, you can likely bypass all the hard vacuum lines

garner

I need all the emissions stuff because live in CALIFORNIA. Thats why I so needed a spider with the EGR or else I couldn't do the spider manifold swap.

The three metal pipes pointing 180 degrees from that one goes to the canister, but this one I believe does not. The canister only should require three of the metal tubes and a connection to the air intake before the turbo and after the MAF.

I need somebody with a 87+ XT Factory Manual or somebody who has a spider turbo manifold to reply please. It is very important that all emissions stuff work perfecty or else I will fail smog.

If I had to make a guess, I think it may connect to the intake manifold after the throttle body at this point shown in this pic. Can somebody verify please. Or maybe it connects to a check valve and then back to the air intake before the turbo?

post-66-136027597531_thumb.jpg

Marck Hey I live in Cali too, are you sure that they will still pass you with the spider? I thought ANY intake modification is a no pass. unless you have a C.A.R.B. ticker for the mod.

One time they wouldn't pass me because I repaired my knock sensor wireing harness, they said it had to be all factory. I passed the sniffer but not the visual. Maybe they were just really picky at the place I went to.

shoot, I didn't know that. Well, my plan is to make it all look factory which means no intercooler, cone filter, etc. and then take it to somebody that doesn't no subarus to much and hope they pass it. This spider intake is made by subaru and it does come with the EGR and all emissions equipment and it was installed on a calif car, so I think it will pass. If I can't get it to pass, then I have no choice but to reinstall my old manifold. BTW I will also be converting my 2 cat exhaust to a 1 cat exhaust which is also illegal in calif (please don't tell ;) ).