Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ocala national forest next weekend???

Heh.. fellow roo owners... you mean the like 3 that live here in the southeast? :rolleyes:

I'd be interested.. I'd probably drive down early so I can pick up a new set of axles from CVO since it would take a week to ship anyways. :D The last time my Bronco club ran down there in ONF, I planned on bringing the Brat..but I couldnt get out of work.. maybe I can convince a couple of the Bronco locals to tag along. Usually the more the merrier.

Well, I asked some of my buds on the Bronco board, and they're interested. So if you wanna ride, theres a few of the fullsize boys that would wanna play if you're still interested. Besides, you never know if you'll need something big along to pull you out. ;)

Oh man...wish I could go! I haven't been there in years!!!

You have GOT to go to Farley's Prairie. It's just north of the turnoff to go to Alexander Springs. (some of the best snorkeling in the world)

Also cool...Salt Springs and Juniper Springs. Especially if you like canoe runs.

Get a good map of the forest from one of the rangers or you'll never find all the good back roads, and places that aren't on the state maps.

Have fun and post some pix for me!!!! :headbang:

Emily

http://www.ccrengines.com

I found a link to some sweet pictures of Nissans in the ONF.

My legacy is bone stock but I will let others play if they want while I take pictures with the digital cam. I am bringing the laptop with GPS so I will load the pics at the end of the ride so we can see what we think.

I am bringing tools, come-a-long, shovel and an air tank but if someone has tow straps or chains and a 12volt compressor, please brinf it. I want to hit that sand something fierce.

Here is that link..enjoy!

http://www.kingslayer.net/muddin/Ocala/index.htm

Thats one of the joys of having a couple big boned individuals come along. :) You can push your wagon a bit harder and not have to worry about getting back out. Theres two guys over on FSB that are interested in coming.. and even in my original post asking, I made sure to reiterate the fact that the Subarus would be the main star of the ride, and there should be no serious water crossings, but plenty of sand, hillclimbs, and other technical things.

I'll have a couple towstraps, a highlift, compressor, and basic handtools. I'll also have my Bronco back from the engine shop hopefully today, so I'll be trailering the Brat down.. so that means if something breaks, we'll have a trailer available to yank the broken vehicle back down into Eustis for parts. :)

Well, from the initial response, it looks like two possibly three FSBs. I'm trying to get confirmations tonight and will relay them over when I get them.

As for a meeting point, over at FSB, for the last year series of Ocala runs, we've been meeting at the Smokers Express gas station in Altoona at the intersection of SR19 and CR42. Not only gas and smokes, theres a deli there too with some kickass breakfast. :) From there its only a short hop up to the railroad grade to the power lines to get the day started. Hows that sound?

Well, Yahoo came up with this. Altoona is a lil one caution light town, so if you just use the city center as the endpoint, you'll find the spot easy. The official city center is about 1/2 mile south of the station on FL19.. so if you just keep going, you cant miss it.

http://maps.yahoo.com/dd_result?ed=xTowJeV.wimQQVd6MsEKU7USFw--&csz=port+st+lucie%2C+fl&country=us&tcsz=altoona%2C+fl&tcountry=us

So, outside of my Bronco brothers tagging along cause they cant get any action anywhere else ;), looks like its just you and me eh?

I'm going to be departing the Tallahassee area sometime late this afternoon. What time did you want to meet up? 10-ish? The meeting point okay with you?

As for the Broncos.. there might be one with us on Saturday. Seems like all the others are holding out till Sunday to ride with the local Land Rover club up into the mondex.

Either way, I'm sure between us, we'll have enough tools, and machinery to get out of anything. biggthumpup.gif

Here's my cell if you need to reach me 850-322-2680.