Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Where can I get a bigger/better radiator??

*subcribe*

Marck: How well does it work/look/fit? Hows the contruction on it?

I didn't notice much improvement over the old radiator, because I replaced a two row with another two row.

It looks like OEM.

It is constructed of brass and comes with a lifetime warrantee from manufacturer.

It is direct fit and has the ATF hookups for Autos, but on I think the dealer installed A/C subarus the mechanical fan gets really close to the radiator which only makes it a pain to install or remove the radiator. I had to force the engine back a little bit to fit the fan on the water pump studs. Probably could be made easier by using bolts instead of studs on the water pump pulley.

Performance Radiator across from the Kmart on E. Sprague has them sometimes. They carry various brands. I bought a double row Modine for my brat for $110 I think.

Also try A-Star Distributing on N. Market. They do large collision repair items and include radiators. Their selection varies as well.

• 3 weeks later...

with the older vehicles, I don't see why you couldn't fit a legacy radiator, they don't look much bigger than the EA81/EA82 radiators, and there's tons of room in front of those motors, but I don't know about in the EA82 cars.

mounting would be easy of course, just make new mount spots in your radiator support beam. I guess the issue would be clearance and space.

I didn't notice much improvement over the old radiator, because I replaced a two row with another two row.

It looks like OEM.

It is constructed of brass and comes with a lifetime warrantee from manufacturer.

It is direct fit and has the ATF hookups for Autos, but on I think the dealer installed A/C subarus the mechanical fan gets really close to the radiator which only makes it a pain to install or remove the radiator. I had to force the engine back a little bit to fit the fan on the water pump studs. Probably could be made easier by using bolts instead of studs on the water pump pulley.

Here is a link to the 2 row that I bought, although I phone ordered mine. I think it is made by CSF.

http://www.radiatorconnection.com/auto/HiPerformance/Subaru/sc1.htm

This is good to know. Must keep this manufacturer in mind if I am looking for a new radiator. Thanks!

Radiator - Aftermarket - 2 core - 3 core - Racing

• 2 weeks later...

*Bump of semi-old thread*

My radiator replacement is coming sooner than I expected. Laying under the car removing certain items, I noticed that my radiator is rusted/corroded. You can push lightly on it with your pinky finger and it just seems to turn to dust with various pieces falling to the ground. Not good! My temperature gauge holds in the middle but I'm not one to wait for things to happen, especially when I see something going wrong with it. I'm trying to do as much preventive maintenance as possible before going much further with upgrades.

I'm looking at thepartsbin.com and I noticed two radiators for the RX turbo. One is for $101.80 (Radiator Metal tank, G1000-49017), while the other is for $136.96 (Radiator Heavy duty metal tank, G1000-48574). There is no mention of the two being single, double or anthing else row.

Can anyone recommend which one I should choose and why? I want to assume the higher priced one is better but sometimes that simply isn't the case. Someone here may have some experience purchasing either one of these radiators. Thanks!

• 6 months later...