Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82 door lock question

ok this is a little bit different:

on the 89 gl coupe. anytime i get out and lock from the inside i have to hold the handle up when i shut the door.

now on my 88 gl wagon i never had to do that. just lock the drivers door from inside and close the door.

someone explain to me why this is..

were the coupes different in that way?

weird... I've always had to use the key to lock my subarus with power locks... if I lock it and then close it then all the other doors would unlock... and it didn't matter if I held the handle or not... seemed like a good design... vw does the same thing, gotta use the key on the driver's door... *shrug*

ok this is a little bit different:

on the 89 gl coupe. anytime i get out and lock from the inside i have to hold the handle up when i shut the door.

now on my 88 gl wagon i never had to do that. just lock the drivers door from inside and close the door.

someone explain to me why this is..

were the coupes different in that way?

On my '87 GL wagon with power locks, hit the botton on the drivers door, all doors lock, shut the door and all stay locked.

On my '87 RX with manual locks I have to hold the handle up or it unlocks, Its akward to do that so I just use the key.

Gary

P.S. On my '74 Datsun Z I have to hold the handle up, I use the key on that one too.

On all the subies ive had with an EA82 in it...all 3 RX's would pop the lock back to unlock if you dont hold the handle. Only one of the 3 had working power door locks...and the other two are supposed to work. My wagon has PDR, and you have to hold the handle....or it will close and unlock all doors. The passenger side is the same way on all of them. Only the rear doors remained locked. The 89 DL had no PDR...and did the same....except the PDR stuff.