Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Changing carb to spfi

This is the best modification you can do to that engine, and it's not that hard. I converted mine in a couple of days over my Thanksgiving break and I love it!

Your list doesn't include the distributor or coil assembly (including the ignition amplifier and the condensor). Also make sure that you grab the fuel pump relay and ignition relay from under the dash. Does your Y-pipe already have an oxygen sensor?

If you would be interested, I am right now working on compiling an "SPFI for dummies" manual on how to do the conversion (no, I'm not saying anything about your intelligence, I promise:lol: ). This will include the section from the FSM covering the SPFI system, as well as my step by step instructions for everything, and wiring schematics showing which connections go where as far as power and stuff. I would give you a copy as soon as I'm done with it (should be this weekend) in exchange for a couple of parts or something.

>> I would give you a copy as soon as I'm done with it (should be this weekend) in exchange for a couple of parts or something.

IS this an email able manual?

Hush

I need it also, so if it's ready to be published, please post it in the tech articles or send it to me by e-mail!

Thanks in advance!!

Right now the manual is in paper form due to the fact that a lot of the stuff is photocopied pages from my FSMs, Haynes, HTKYSA, etc. I suppose I could scan the thing when I'm finished if I can find a scanner. Initially I hadn't planned on doing so, thinking that there wouldn't be a terrible lot of demand for such a thing, but now that I've got a total of three people interested, I think I'll try to scan it. If I can't get to a scanner pretty soon, would you be interested in paying shipping and a couple bucks for a paper copy so you can get it sooner?