Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Which rims to use (off-road)

Roundeye

I did a search and found nothing for my specific car.

I plan to get a set of 15" 6 lug rims from a JY and drill them to fit my hubs. These will go on a NON-LIFTED, stock 1987 D/R Wagon.

My questions are: 1. What rims (year/make/width) have the best back-spacing to put on my car? 2. What is the largest tire I can put under it without scrubing at maximum flex with the steering at full turn?

Thanks in advance.

i would suggest that you get 14 inch 6 lug rims.and drill your hubs, not the rims.you can acquire 14" 6-lugs off of mazda and nissan 4x4's.at the yard i have mounted the following rims on soobs-isuzu,nissan,chevy,mazda,gmc, and toyota.the mazda and nissan must be 4x4 in order to be 6 lug.out of the ones that i mounted the 14 inch rims were sporting 205/75/14 and 195/75/14,they turned well in the front and had enough backspacing to clear the struts.the 15" rims i mounted had varying tire sizes and had good backspacing as well.from what i understand.....most any rims that i mentioned still have less backspacing than your average pug.and alot of people run pugs.so, i would go to your local junkyard and find some that you like.find out the return policy and if you do not like the performance.switch 'em out.you will also need some extra hubs for studs and if you want to do it off of the car and then mount them.