Ultimate Subaru Message Board

thought it was time for (pics)

OMG! My *&%$ eyes hurt! :lol: Cool intercooler setup. What do you have elevated around that intercooler to help direct air flow? I can't make out what it is. I don't see many Starion intercoolers used.

Any more info on your homemade boost controller?

Send me a PM with your IM (AOL, Yahoo, etc) so I can send you these pics smaller.

my computer is so jacked up, i need to redo the pics and get better ones

the boost controller can be made at home depot, its a bleed time with a ball and spring control (works off spring tension)

the intercooler is welded to the factory spare tire holder (with heat sheild)

the air shroud is a foam mold wrapped in black tape, so i can make one from fiber when i get more money

with the rwd its more fun to drive than my 300zx, quick as snot..

now to work on the pictures, ill do it now if the comp will let me

the boost controller can be made at home depot, its a bleed time with a ball and spring control (works off spring tension)

Thanks for the info! I know this is asking a lot but I need to know. When (not if) I go to Home Depot, what am I to ask the people helping me what I'm looking for? Do I simply say, "Excuse me but do you know where I can find a bleed time with a ball and spring control, that works off a spring tension?" Would they know what I'm talking about?

A lot of people here are backyard mechanics and electrical whizzes. You have to talk to me like a 6 year old with details. I'm interested and if I get the parts right, I'll post part#s and pics to the other '6yr olds' can make exactly the same thing as you did. Thanks! :brow: And again, nice ride.

And I agree with you about the suspension. I love the way it rides. Feels just right to me. I'd like wider tires on it but other than that, it's cool with me.

Thanks for the info! I know this is asking a lot but I need to know. When (not if) I go to Home Depot, what am I to ask the people helping me what I'm looking for? Do I simply say, "Excuse me but do you know where I can find a bleed time with a ball and spring control, that works off a spring tension?" Would they know what I'm talking about?
try this kevin

http://www.geocities.com/chmwatson/FAQs/mbc.html

Oh yeah.. and search n00b;)

if you do a search with Home Depot and boost controllers you should find it, I can't remember when but there was a thread on it way back, maybe back on the old board? It grabbed my attention when I read it and every time I go to Home Depot I think maybe I should look for that thread, I think the one guy had some good adjustment levels using a ballpoint pen spring. If I can figure out how to post links I will.

Looks like Caleb found it while i was typing. :)

Oh, I see now. It's not as simple as just screwing things together. You have to cut with a hacksaw and do some drilling. Ok...thanks!

BTW: I went to Ebay after reading the reply and puchase one of these.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33742&item=7944163895&rd=1

I just figured I'd get it over with. So this part is done. Thanks guys! Continue on with the post/pics. ;)