Ultimate Subaru Message Board

161 Awhp, 206 Awtq!!!!!!!!!!

WJM

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is an OLD beat up 170K+ mile shortblock. :eek::eek:

That is so damn fine, hmm 160 hp that's 50 over stock? You just made my day, Thank you.

I guesstimated my ru to have about 160hp at 12 psi going off a few G tech pulls, was probly a little optimistic with that # but it looks like I'm not all that far off.

If I want Dyno time I have to go to the Mainland and that's a $150 roundtrip on the ferries just to get there so it'll be a while before that happens.

What did you do about fuel delivery? Stock fuel system? Retarded timing? Race gas? 14-15 psi is amazing. I know the previous owner of my car ran it up there, but told me it was VERY lean.

I am a believer too! I can't wait to get my header installed! I wonder how a stock WRX downpipe compares to a gutted/straight DP like the TWE....

EDIT:

Also, you mentioned intake. You have flapper MAF? By "intake" you mean removing stock air box and slapping on a cone filter?

EDIT 2: You have a TD04 turbo right? If I remember, those are roughly the same as a VF11?

Congrats Will! That is awesome. Wish I was at home now (I'm at work).

I have two questions for you. Can you send me the original dyno files so i can save them on my computer? This way I can compare our dyno information somewhere in some dark room all by myself. :brow:

Also, how did you get your picture file to display horsepower and torque the same time? Whenever I go to convert the original dyno file, I have to convert it to an Adobe Acrobat format then to a JPG file. In the middle of this, it will not carry over horsepower and torque at the same time. It will only carry either or. I hate this! Thank!

And again, congrats! It's about dang time you showed your dyno results.

stock VF7 turbo, STOCK fuel system. and thats 161 AT THE WHEELS...thats about 230 at the crank. :eek:

The timing is at stock levels too.

I ran on some no name/nobrand 93 pump gas.

I'll get the other charts up and smoothed soon.

That's freaking stock turbo??????

and yeah..it does look like it wants some more fuel...

man..i can't wait to turn up the boost on the VF-11 i have on mine....I just took it for a quick rip at 5 PSI....and threw it on the trailer.

Oh yeah...what did the Air/Fuel Ratios look like?? Assuming you guys had a Wideband hooked up

stock VF7 turbo, STOCK fuel system. and thats 161 AT THE WHEELS...thats about 230 at the crank. :eek:

The timing is at stock levels too.

I ran on some no name/nobrand 93 pump gas.

I'll get the other charts up and smoothed soon.

Holy mother of God. Stock turbo? Stock fuel system? Geeeeezus! ~230 crank hp? I've got to get mine dynoed when I get my header in....

At least I know how you got it up to 15 psi.. mine knocks like the UPS guy above 12....

if the 'conversion' is the same as a WRX on the Mustang dyno we did last year, then i have about 230 at the crank...WRX=160 AWHP=227 crank.

Pleiades's RX then mine now JWX's did 88 or so at the wheels...118 crank, and it had bottomless air box, stock exhaust no muffler at 10 PSI...and its got a 100k mile engine in it.

So...161/0.7=230. If the TQ factor is the same (we never figured that out at the last dyno day...) then ive got 205/0.7=292. :eek: