Ultimate Subaru Message Board

161 Awhp, 206 Awtq!!!!!!!!!!

WJM

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will,

Are you experiencing clutch slippage between 4300rpm and 4900rpm at 12psi and above?

Also, get with me in PM if you can. I need advice on the dyno file conversion to display horsepower and torque at the same time.

NO clutch slip after I got the Kevelar one broken in.

On the stock clutch the places it wold slip at 12 was at the TQ mountain there. lol above 3500 it didnt slip unless I ran more than 14...but it slipped down low cold on stock boost...and when warm, it would only hold 12 down low.

This is amazing, and no one believed. Can the header with an increase in boost make that much power? because an intercooler is not going to help on a dyno. I guess that says something about how crappy Subaru designed our stock crossover pipes. Are your cams stock?

This is amazing, and no one believed. Can the header with an increase in boost make that much power? because an intercooler is not going to help on a dyno. I guess that says something about how crappy Subaru designed our stock crossover pipes. Are your cams stock?

Top Speed didnt have thier IC fan up and going yet...JWX and I went to go find one like we had at the nasioc dyno day last year...and no dice.

So we got ICE! We iced the IC down...it was nowhere NEAR as cool as it would be on the 'street' with the scoop directing the tons of air into it...but it kept it cooler than those other WRX's that went...their IC's got pretty warm...

so the IC was somewhat cool.

And at this point I need to make a correction...that first run there is in 4th gear....everyone was pulling 3rd....so we did the other recorded runs in 3rd.

So..ignoring the first run...you can see that there is a tremendous gain over the stock stuff with the header/DP and IC. Its stock boost still.

The recorded runs goes as follows:

1=4th gear, stock boost (stable at 6.5 PSI)

2=3rd gear, same as above

3=3rd, 10 PSI stable

4=3rd, 11.5~12 PSI

5=3rd, 14~15 PSI

I should also note that when i dyno'd the wagon last year, we did 2 runs in 4th...that yeilded the 99 WHP figs...whats strange is the last two in THIRD gear yeilded 10 LESS WHP... :confused: where as here it looks to be the opposite.

HOWEVER...the STi's are getting ~260 AWHP/TQ...in either 3rd or 4th....and WRX's are getting ~158-163 AWHP in either gear.

Yes, it needs more fuel, and NO fuel cut gremlin!!

stock VF7 turbo, STOCK fuel system. and thats 161 AT THE WHEELS...thats about 230 at the crank. :eek:

The timing is at stock levels too.

I ran on some no name/nobrand 93 pump gas.

I'll get the other charts up and smoothed soon.

Dude that's pretty awesome, that's as good as a stock WRX makes. I'm looking forward to hearing how the TD04 performs. You've more than encouraged me to build my new wagon to beat my WRX. :lol:

Nice!! Real numbers!! Hats off to you!!

Is that about what you expected?

I just found out the only Dyno in town is out of commission. I have to go nearly 100 miles to get to a dyno, one of these days....

good work

garner

The dyno I went to is 300 miles away. :drunk: And Im there almost every weekend anyhow. *more :drunk: *

I expected at a MINIMUM 130/140 at the wheels. So I am EXTREAMELY happy with 161/206 at the wheels. :banana::banana::banana::banana:

Well, Im gonna put in my entry to the contest in May as soon as the track opens up. My best time last year was a 14.91sec @ 93 mph... and i screwed up the start on that run... those numbers put the car around 144HP at the wheels. Im sure I can knock a couple tenths off that. And I've only dropped about $200 (two hundred ;) ) dollars for the entire project.