Ultimate Subaru Message Board

161 Awhp, 206 Awtq!!!!!!!!!!

WJM

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

um yeah go with the ms and edis... cheaper to do that then replace amotor due to lean running killing the motor

Correction! It may be cheaper if you know what you are doing. Me working w ith MS&EDIS would be like asking a 3yr old to swap your cams for you. :rolleyes: I feel like an expert with piggybacks though (controlling them anyways). :grin:

Well, I think I will just continue to use my ignition setup the way it is. I don't see any use in changing it out in favor of DIS unless I actually purchase, construct, and install a Megasquirt piggyback system. I might, however try and wire in an SAFC or something to that effect and see if it helps or hurts the performance.

Correction! It may be cheaper if you know what you are doing. Me working w ith MS&EDIS would be like asking a 3yr old to swap your cams for you. :rolleyes: I feel like an expert with piggybacks though (controlling them anyways). :grin:

then unichip and emanage is for you. but not for me. neither of those are going to meet my needs tho.

Hey Will. I just re-read your original post. You said that your stock boost is set at 6.5psi? Are all EA82Ts supposed to be set at 6.5psi stock? The reason I'm asking is that my stock boost is set at 8psi. I checked the car when I first started driving it(without adjustable boost controller). and it hit 8 psi in every gear according to my boost gauge. Is there something wrong with my wastegate actuator? Also, the engine that is in it isn't the original. It was swapped with one that came from Japan, but one would figure that they would all be close to the same specs.