Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Sexxxay....

WJM

Is that really an sti manufactured strut tower brace? Didn't even know STI was around back then. Dealership option?
sti wasn't around back then...and they did have the strut brace in japan

i like the heater controls that has the pics of a person with arrows on the buttons, steering wheel is sick.

SJ- bumpers??? they are just painted pre 87 style ones....in europe & japan the didn't change in 87 to go with the new style bumpers

there is more vent combinations...cause...

the AC button is on the fan swithch

they have a fresh/recirsulate air button as well

The same as in europe. We have the same vent combinations and we also

have the fresh/recirsulate air button.

Lukas

Is that really an sti manufactured strut tower brace? Didn't even know STI was around back then. Dealership option?
Sorry to disappoint you Styles, but STi was around then, they just weren't called STi at the time. It was the department that became STi that set up the first WRC rally cars back in 87, yep that's right, they were RX 3 drs (I've got a team photo at home). That department started to be know as STi in late 89 and their first car that had STi logos on it was a 92 Legacy.

Here is my favorite RX (gee I wonder why??) http://www.corkysrocks.net/images/RX3afterA.jpg

the car had sti stickers on the strut bar and body....

hence me saying sti was not around back then..cause there is no way thoose could be sti parts.

someone added the stickers

Added sticker, I'll agree with you, but as to them being STi parts (or the group that eventually became STi), I wouldn't venture to say one way or the other, since there were parts created by the group and sold to Japan only.