Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Smoke inside Bucky!

This morning I went out to do my usual warm up of Bucky and when I came back out 10 minutes later the inside of the car was loaded with smoke..smelled like burnt oil ( I just topped him off the day before and did get some on the exhaust so that smell is understandable) I am just curious why so much of it ended up INSIDE the car..comeing out the heater vents... Once again..am I over reacting or is this a common occurance or an easy fix..or what would be causing this????

Thanks to you all in advance

Common occurance from overheated exhaust. Usually happens if you don't kick it down off of high idle setting. If you start it and let it idle for a minute then tap the gas it should go to the second high idle setting.

Our old '84 would do this if we didn't do that or let it idle too long.

Cool thanks!!! I was thinking something similar to Flowmaster about the vents but my thought was they might be clogged cause I didnt clean the car off yet (snowed last night).

And I can understand what Qman said ..I did kick him down but he was still idling at 1800 (he races at 2300 at first start-up) for between 10-15 minutes.

Thanks for easing my pain:grin:. Over protective of my baby.

I tried something different with Buck tis-morning...and no smoke..But I couldnt get him to kick down below 1500 RPMs until I shut him off at the gas station about 20 minutes later. But it was 3 degrees!

LOL Matt..he if Bucky wants a smoke break thats fine with me..I just dont want to know what he is smoking and I surely dont want him to share.