Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Rally Car Pics....as promised...

the car is actually getting a full paint job before the next rally...were just sourcing the right budget.

Under the Hood...HAHA...it's completely stock..actually we had to restrict the turbo inlet. There is a restrictor in the turbo elbow which restricts it to 32MM from the stock 38MM. The only engine mods are the '88 engine with the better cams, full 2.25 inch exhaust with a Metal core cat (cat mandated by the rules), and a K&N filter.

i found this really good action pic also

http://members.rogers.com/tan.mt/tallpines/_MG_9525.jpg

Spectacular! Great work, I wish I were out there with you. I was heartbroken when I added up the cost of running a season of local club rally, never mind the cost of prepping the car, just not in my budget.:-\ So I will have to live vicariously through you. How did the car perform? What class are you running? How did you finish (did you finish)? Details man, we need lots of details… you're living the dream.:)

Wanna be ralliest

Gary

P.S. that last pic is GREAT... I'm so jealous.

the flaps are just trailer flap material we bought and cut to fit the car.

the car ran really well. the key to it's performance was in the suspension... However..we did notice about a week ago that the "strut mounts" for the rear struts now resemble a banana. so we have some work to do there.

The suspension is custom bilstien based coil-overs all round.

We were running 11th overall. 3rd Overall in the Regional Portion, and leading our class for the Regional Portion.

We run class P4. Basically same as PGT down there.

After 7 stages we blew the head gasket and parked the car before a 28KM stage. The stage prior we set 8th fastest time.

goddamn that looks like fun. I'm thinking about setting up a rally race up here. we have this trail called the Fairbanks to Circle historical trail. Its like 50 or 60 miles long, crosses 3 mountains. If I end up doing it, its going to be a N/A race. No turbos (so I can have a chance)

If anyone is interested in settin this race up, let me know

Ahhhh there's no pic like a suby in a rally pic! :grin: Beautiful pics! Makes me wanna try and contact a guy that has a blue 87 turbowagon for like, 800 bucks. Problem is: A) it's like playin phone tag when U wanna talk to him and B) it's been sitting there for roughly 5 years! :slobber:

familiar looking car :clap:

p1120260.jpg

That's mudrat's old RX... and now mine. I had hoped to use it for novice rally (just like you) so we'll see how I fair. She's sick right now and I don't have an excess of time to fix her, but when she ran properly it's fun!

if I can hit you up for any help is that cool?

Interior pics will come later.

It is a 1985 RX Sedan. It's an absolute stripper....crank windows, no power steering, blah blah blah.

It has the Part-time Dual range tranny with the stock rear LSD.

Again motor is basically completly stock except for exhaust and a k&n filter.

The secret to going fast in these things...DON"T LIFT OFF!!!

from what i'm told....in that corner (the last picture) they had a radar gun set-up with a digital display for spectators to see.

An open class Mitsubishi Evo 4...around 375 hp....clocked 117 KPh.

Us in our 1985 RX Sedan....somewhere around 105 KPH...

everyone else in our class....Mid 80's kph!!!