Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Book Value of: EA82T 5SPD FullTime 4WD Wagon

Haha, that's what I was thinking, but talking someone down 2K is a bit much. I'll go check her out. I'm sortof considering purchasing this as a road car so I don't have to drive around on 27's every day.

Thanks for the input.

EDIT: Does anyone have specific suggestions of what mechanical parts too look especially close at? Also, are there any variations by year on this model?

Depending on year, condition and availability in your market area, $2k may not be unreasonable.

But what one of us would pay and what book value is often vary widely.

For reference, when my 88 2wd turbowagon was wrecked, I got $2400 from the insurance company.. and that was still less than Kelley Blue Book value

it might be worth it if youre considering buying another subaru and upgrading it. gl-10s already have a lot of goodies from the factory, so you might be saving yourself time and effort.

what year is it? check the fenderwells and underbody and exhaust system for rust. depending on the condition, you might justify talking the seller down.

Well it all depends... I would basically say around $1500

If it helps I sold an 87 GL-10 turbowagon with a full 60K service and a really nice body and interior for $2000. Had a tiny crack in the window and a tiny dent in a door, but basically cherry. No cancerous rust, just some small spots inside the rear hatch. Had a newer engine (so no blown headgaskets) and newer CV's and tires.

If it will soon be needing a 60K service or you suspect the head gaskets may be going... $1000 tops if it looks good. $500 if its so-so. I dunno, maybe what I am willing to pay may be low, but a full gasket set can get expensive if you have someone install it (try like $1200) Fortunately I know how to do it myself.

Make sure the cooling system has been taken care of, as that's the biggest killer of turbo soobs.

Generally rust is the biggest determinining factor for value of subarus. If the car has been taken care of and has no rust, $1500-$2000 is not unreasonable in most markets. If there is any rust, especially any that could become structural at some point, the value drops very quickly.

Is the FT 5SPD geared the same as my D/R 5Spd ('87)? And, I could probably expect an LSD in this, right?

How does this drive train do w/ 14" rims and corresponding tires (don't know what size - street tires) as far as road handling is concerned?

My 87 has FT4wd 5 speed, with rear LSD. its 3.70

Unless your D/R is from an RX, its probably 3.90.

The 3.70 5 speed FT4wd setup works fine with 14s and street tires. Thats what I had on mine until recently. Overall diameter was a little larger than stock (25 instead of 23). Now I have 16s on there with approximately the same outer diameter.

Is the FT 5SPD geared the same as my D/R 5Spd ('87)? And, I could probably expect an LSD in this, right?

How does this drive train do w/ 14" rims and corresponding tires (don't know what size - street tires) as far as road handling is concerned?

The turbo cars have a higher (faster) first gear, and slightly lower (more gear reduction) upper gears than the 5-speed D/R - that's compairing total gear reduction with a stock differential and transmission in both cars.

If your are talking a N/A car, then I am pretty sure the ratios are identical.

If it hasn't been modified and it's an '89 GL-10, it has an LSD. Otherwise it was optional and most didn't have them.

I'd say with 200,000 miles on it it isn't worth more than a thousand--if it's everything you want, in the color you want it in. Even though they're getting hard to find there will be others.