Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Question for Corky or Tex about rear e brake

XSNRG

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
i have a security clearance, so at least PM or email me!

just got your PM on xt6.net and then found this thread...

I have NO idea what I was thinking when I made that post?

let me check my notes...

<edit>

ok, so I have a damn million text files on my shell account here at work.. fenderbraces, er27intohatch, builtej22t, lego-to-imp-swap, retrofittedbushings, gasket_list, suspension, transmount, turboxt6

BUT WHERE DID THE DAMN FILE ABOUT BRAKES GO!?

<hopefully last edit>

I must have found it in a search somewhere, but why wouldn't I have written it down?

makes no sense, I tells ya......

THE SEARCH IS ON

this is what I've found while searching, with links:

(damn someone needs to put this in the USRM :lol: )

Jeff,

I am not sure how close to Colorado Springs you are but there was a mid-80s 200sx in the yard east of

25 near B street (Fort Carson). Grab the rear calipers and be happy. You will need to use the piece from

the subaru that bolts into the backing plate as the one on the Nissan is too fat. And as mentioned in the

thread you looked up , you will also need to figure out a handle and routing of the cable. My new brakes might

be done this weekend but the ebrake part is going to have to wait until I get a couple of more pieces.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=56567

I would like to say, that I have a complete working rear ebrake. Corky helped me finalize the bracketry on Sunday.

I did this so I could run larger front brakes... JDM WRX brakes (only 2 pots). The rear brakes are from a 1980 Supra.

Pictures and demonstrations will come in another post at a later date...

I must confess, the rear e-brake that Tex installed was my idea and parts, but since I sold my sedan, I didn't have

a car to put them on. Tex figured out how to use the existing e-brake cables, so that part is fairly easy. But

bracing the ends of the cables so that there is no flex when you pull the hand brake is the trick. Tex ended up

using brackets from the front e-brakes. But I'm telling his story, I'll let him fill in the rest.

^^ I didn't see where he filled in the rest, though

I have calipers off a 240.....they will bolt up with a SMALL (1mm) bit of filing of one bit of material off of ONE of the two ears on the caliper.....

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=23123&page=4&highlight=rear+hand+brake