Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What it should of looked like.

I was doing some picture editing last night. I am kinda annoyed at the Subaru Baja. So I thought that my version is better. Heres a seriers of pictures that show you what I tried to do. Oh, and try to wait for the hole post to load before scrolling down. ;)

old_brat.jpg

What the beast looks like.

new_baja.jpg

What they done.

new_brat.jpg

What I would of done.

new_rex.jpg

What I done it out of.

new_bratlifted.jpg

The lifted one, as requested below :-p

I hope the ppl I used the pictures off of don't mind. If you do, I'll take 'em down.

And for the mods. I know this is a post with "new" subies in it, but I think its more appealing to us old brat and brumby lovers. Please don't move this post. Thank you.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My idea came form thinking of how the first brat was made. It was a uted wagon. So, instead of doing what subaru done with the Baja, I created the "new" Brat with the "New" wagon. I think I got most of the old design features. Like the inbuilt rollbar in the roof, the same shape to the doors and behind the doors, still keeping the light design off the WRX wagon. And also increasing the rear end behind the rear wheel arch. I'll be mailing some pictures to subaru as soon as I can print them out and find a address!

Now thats a car I would drive!!! :grin:

Edit: Nice one TROGDOR! What is the point in having a dual cab on a ute anyway!

I'll also ad that I only used MS Paint and Ulead iPhoto Express (the free scaner software I got).

great photochop work. even though i dont own a brat and one wouldnt be pretical for me with a family of 4 i still have always liked them and would be more interested in seeing a new age brat kinda like the one you did. these half-pint pickup jokes companies have been coming out with are kinda useless in my opinion. if they made a new age one lke that i just might have to buy one for a toy lol. old brats are kinda hard to find around here, i only know of like 2 around here, but there might be more

If I made Subaru make one of these I would have to get them to give me one! Cos theres no way in hell I could afford it. Do you think I should make an appointment with Subaru? If I lived in the states I'd be at the Subaru factory door and wouldn't back off till I was promised they'd make one! I love my brat, but I'd love a new one even more! If it had a 6" lift, bullbar, rollbar, 6 spotties, and some serious wheels! Maybe, just maybe they'll be nice to me, and make a new brat!

Enough with the !!!... OK! :lol:

In defense, I like my Baja Turbo.

I like its versatility. It can carry four people, small loads (ie, trips to Home Debit), and trips with my moto-x to the outcountry with ease. It is both comfortable and fun to drive, gets acceptable gas mileage and the insurance costs are not bad. I have had it only 2 months, but time will tell.

Your pictures show great artistry but I believe what you really want from Subaru is an updated Brat 4WD pickup. To each his own...

Why don't I see more criticism of the Avalanche or that horrid offshoot Caddy Explainaway? Or any extended cab pickup for that matter?

I am not trying to make enemies here, just voicing my support for a well built Subaru product.

I didn't really mean to say anything bad about the baja exept for how Subaru made it the Brat replacement. I think the baja has its uses, and I think so would a new Brat (fun, fun and more fun :-D) I'm glad your enjoying your baja .

Forester_Ranger: Dude, those are cool! Me like! I'll take the lifted WRX brat with a pair of dana 60 axles, please.:grin: Then I'll whoop those guys on top truck challenge and the ultimate adventure. :brow:

{edit}

ok, that's twice I've started a new page. :confused:

{/edit}

Forester_Ranger: Dude, those are cool! Me like! I'll take the lifted WRX brat with a pair of dana 60 axles, please.:grin: Then I'll whoop those guys on top truck challenge and the ultimate adventure. :brow:

{edit}

ok, that's twice I've started a new page. :confused:

{/edit}

Man wouldn't that be something to see a Subaru in one of those challenges.

Here's a Photochop I did when the Baja first came out:

Original:

My edit:

newbrat.jpg

I like TROGDORs 2 door version with the longer bed....I could fit a dirtbike in it then...to me thats the only downfall with the brats and the bajas...need more bedspace. I love these concepts though!!

• 1 month later...

Thats sweet i would definatly buy one of them ************ id buy 2 just for fun. no seriously i live in tropical north queensland in australia and there are brumbies running around every where. my dad use to spray sugar cane for alot of the farmers around the area and every one of them that has or does owne a brumby has said that the most stupid thing subaru has ever done was stop building the brumby. they also said that if they were to build a new brumby they would buy it in a heart beat. and personaly i would like to have seen the Baja brought to australia they would be good fun and handy:D