Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Factory service manual thread...

I was thinking it would be fun to make a list and there numbers for all the FSM's anyway ill update the list as people post so here gos.. also ill put the board names of the people that have them that way if there is any specific q's people can ask,,, then maybe ill do a right up with pix of all the manuals and examples of them.....

196?-7? 1000 Engine Section, MSA-??? (dark Red)Covers A12 & A41 Body styles

197? FF-1 1300G, 1100 Engine Section MSA-??? (RED)

197? FF-1 1300G, 1100 Body Section MSA-??? (BLUE)

1972 1300,1400 Engine section, MSA-102 (RED)

1972 1300, 1400 Body Secction, MSA-??? (BLUE)

1972 1400 Emission,Maint Instruc MSA-??? (Dark Blue)

1973 1400 Engine & Body section MSA-??? (Brown

1974 1400 Body section, MSA-203 A (BLUE)

1974 1400 Emission, maint instruc MSA-??? (green)

1974 Engine Section MSA-??? (orange)

1975-1976 auto trans Reduction shaft and seal replacement, MSA-??? (white brown letters

1976 1400 1600 ALL changes for 1976 differnt then 1975 MSA-106 (light Blue)

1978 auto trans diagnostic aid MSA-AV 106D (orange with black letters)

1979 Brake & HYDRO System servicing, MSA-AV 109 B, (white, blue letters)

1979 4/5 speed manual trans overhaul, MSA-AV 107 B ((white, blue letters)

1979 Air Con Intallation manual, MSA-AV 110 B (white, blue letters)

1979 Auto Trans Overhaul Manual, MSA-AV105B (white, blue letters)

197? over haul manual 1600, MSA-??? (white, blue letters)

1980's automatic trans & diff servicing MSA-??? (white, blue letters)

1984 1600 1800 WireingDiagram&troubleshooting NO-MSA (white, blue letters)

well I have the one from 76 that you sent me and sorry if I havn't payed ya back for it and also the FSM for 78 1600

let me know what the msa number is and the collor somthing simmular to what i hav e above......

oh and on the 76 manual i sent you dont worry about it merry christmas :headbang:

Does Subaru still sell FSMs for Loyale and earlier models? If not, it might be interesting to explore sacrificing a copy of each in order to make manuals on CD/DVD. I might be game to do the work.

I contacted Subaru 6+ months ago before I got my FSM off Ebay - yes they do have them for the earlier models, but they are hard to find (the person I talked to wasn't sure if it was available) - I think it would be a VERY good idea to scan everything in pre-EA82, as I think all of that info will become very hard to find, and I think that 85-89 should come eventually, as it is inevitable that we will need it someday. pdf would be the best format (smallest storage size).

We should not have to destroy the manuals to scan them - so we won't have to sacrifice anything.

...We should not have to destroy the manuals to scan them - so we won't have to sacrifice anything.

The best way to scan would be to unbind the pages so that they lie perfectly flat on the scan bed. It is possible to rebind the manuals afterwards, but...

The best way to scan would be to unbind the pages so that they lie perfectly flat on the scan bed. It is possible to rebind the manuals afterwards, but...

I see your point - but I think it is a case where the ends justify the means.

I see your point - but I think it is a case where the ends justify the means.

The good news is that I work at a newspaper publisher, and if taken apart carefully they can probably be put back together and still be usable, if not showroom quality.