Ultimate Subaru Message Board

overhaulin!

Well..it's kind of another project...but the same project at the same time.

Anyways...i've decided that Project Justy will be stripped to a complete bare shell...have the bodywork done, painted, new parts made, everything that is wrong will be fixed, stuff will be cleaned up....when finished it will be like a brand new car, yet better biggrin.gif

For those of you who don't know....Project Justy is a 1988 Subaru Justy 4wd.. it started life as a carbed car, which i converted to EFI with use of a 1990 EFI Justy....Last year it was Turboed using an EA82T, and it now runs with WRX's.

Hopefully by the end of the weekend it will be a completely bare shell....then everything will get tackled separately.

might actually take some pics this time...and get around to posting a "build diary"

Anyways...i'm sure none of you care....but incase you do...Project justy will be back better than ever after a brief (yeah right) transformation devil.gif

Kind of like overhaulin....except no one steals my car, i know what's happening, and i do the work.

Good deal!!!! One of the reasons I became a member of USMB was due to the fact, I saw pics of your Justy (long before the turbo installation) posted when I was looking for ideas for my 88 4wd. I'm thrilled to see that a "Justy", a car that unfortunetly, many Subaru folks feel isn't worthy of the Subaru name is getting a "Total all out overhaul" I love these cars and hope you will take the time to do a build diary. As you have shown, these cars have unlimited potential and can kick some a** along with the best of them.

I can't wait to see some pics!

Have you posted your plan on the Subaru Justy proboards20 site? I see you are a member. They would love to know your Justy is getting the "Overhaulin" treatment.

Good Luck!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I am very interested as well.Can you imagine a small turbocharged rally car! would be so much fun.This has been something on my "it would be fun to do" list for a while now.I as well would love to strip one and turbo it.I would like to see what you had to do to mount the turbo and also what kind of boost will you be running?

I think it would be sweet to do the complete overhaul as you have planned, but leave the exterior body alone. Whatever you are planning... engine, suspension, interior, roll cage, etc, but keep the outer panels original and worn. You can fix hinges, latches, motors, and linkages and whatnot.

It'll should like a beater. Most people won't know what it is. Those that recognize it will know it's a 3 cylinder carbed turd. Quite the street sleeper...

Would be a uniqe steed in the stable.

My $0.02 ...

--Ed