Ultimate Subaru Message Board

This just ain't right

well.. the motor from the rally car was sittin on the floor.

My buddy was standing there going....man...you sure this won't fit??? We were pulling the motor outta the Justy anyways...for it's overhaul.

After some more precise measurements...the Motor will physically fit...problem would be there ain't any room for a rad....

Prolly won't end up happening...seeing that it's soo much work. But i'm thinking about it.

I can't imagine a 1700 lb car with 150-160 whp.

since the inside wheel turns out farther than the other side, you have barely any extra angle available unless you make some steering stops. You can angle the axles backwards a fair bit, but not really anything forwards. I figured this out when I was extending the wheelbase on the front of my subaru wagon. My suggestion would be to modify the front suspension to extend the wheelbase a few. It would help axle angle and weight distribution.

since the inside wheel turns out farther than the other side, you have barely any extra angle available unless you make some steering stops. You can angle the axles backwards a fair bit, but not really anything forwards. I figured this out when I was extending the wheelbase on the front of my subaru wagon. My suggestion would be to modify the front suspension to extend the wheelbase a few. It would help axle angle and weight distribution.

The problem is that to clear the rad support...the axle stubs on the tranny will end up a little Behind the center line of the front wheels. Like this illustration...excuse the crappy paint work

axles.jpg

Well...i think it might only end up 1/2 to an inch back from the center line of the front wheels.

The thoughts are to, transplant the EA82T and Dual Range Tranny. Use a Rear LSD.

Bodywork on the car will be done to replicate to look of the RX's (all white)

I just need to look into the regulations of engine swaps and such in my province...i'm wondering about emissions and such.

...sooo why not make it a just a rear wheel drive thingy...

and for cooling hmm lets see...

oh i know get one of those "roof" scoop things hack a hole in the roof make some sheet metal ducting or something and put the radiator in the back..

or the relocate of the firewall trick might be nifty

extend the steering enough so it puts you almost in the back seat ...