Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Fun At The Subaru dealership!

You guys are si right!!! It is so much fun calling the local dealership and asking for price on a part for an old Soob...by EA82 etc!!! I just called to see how much a new EGR sylinoid would be for Bucky ...I said " I need price and availability of an EGR sylinoid..NOT valve ..for an EA82 SPFI?" The guy on the other end of the phone was like "WHAT!??!?!?!? what kind of Subaru is that??" I (chuckling under my breath) gave out a disgusted huff and said " I am sorry thought you would know this...geesh...92 Loyale 1.8l SPFI...single port fuel injection??".... The guy was ..."OH! ok can you hold??????????"

LOL..when he came back I was suprised at the price and that they actually had one in stock!!! $107.78 (not to bad from what I have heard).

Well that was my fun for the day!!:grin:

You guys are si right!!! It is so much fun calling the local dealership and asking for price on a part for an old Soob...by EA82 etc!!! I just called to see how much a new EGR sylinoid would be for Bucky ...I said " I need price and availability of an EGR sylinoid..NOT valve ..for an EA82 SPFI?" The guy on the other end of the phone was like "WHAT!??!?!?!? what kind of Subaru is that??" I (chuckling under my breath) gave out a disgusted huff and said " I am sorry thought you would know this...geesh...92 Loyale 1.8l SPFI...single port fuel injection??".... The guy was ..."OH! ok can you hold??????????"

LOL..when he came back I was suprised at the price and that they actually had one in stock!!! $107.78 (not to bad from what I have heard).

Well that was my fun for the day!!:grin:

I have a used one here for you. LOTS less expensive than what the dealer will charge. just show me that pic to make sure I send you the right one. oh yeah I will try and test it too. make sure its still good.

yeah dealers rarely do business with the older subes.

I have a used one here for you. LOTS less expensive than what the dealer will charge. just show me that pic to make sure I send you the right one. oh yeah I will try and test it too. make sure its still good.

yeah dealers rarely do business with the older subes.

you know, I was told the price of the mixture controll solenoid (read fuel enrichment circut solenoid) and ONLY after he checked for another 2 hrs he told me it was not available ... hmmm maybe they should purge the data-base of unavailable parts ... might be a problem beyond the dealer in my case, but then again this is Missoula MT ... there are 1940's flatbeads still being used by many farmers!! if it aint broke, it doesn't get fixed (or replaced) much here :D and every time I look I see annother brat or other older subie :banana:

Hearing stories like these makes me glad the dealer I go to has parts guys who have been there since the late 70s. One of them still drives an 82GL. The bummer is that their new ownership dosen't let them stock parts for the old school models. The good news it the regional parts warehouse is only 1/2 hour away, so I can expect next day pickup for most things. There have been a couple of times when they have need to order the parts from Japan for me.

I actually try to stay away from dealerships just cause of this reason...the clueless people they get to work for them. On top of it all..its a Ford(ew)/Subaru and the Ford takes priority.

It was still fun for this chicky to play with the parts guys head:grin:

I actually try to stay away from dealerships just cause of this reason...the clueless people they get to work for them. On top of it all..its a Ford(ew)/Subaru and the Ford takes priority.

same thing here, ford/subaru, guess what they tries to sell me when i came looking for an impreza a couple years ago, a focus, i almost lost my lunch. this was also when there were like 15 seperate recals on the focus as well. i asked about subies and they told me to check out fix or repair daily.

I stopped at Morries last night to get a couple exhaust gaskets with the lifted wagon and lots of people came out of the building to look at it. lol

Got the same response when I drove the XT in.

They sure look different these days.....

My dealer enjoys telling me that ea81s didn't come out with turbos and were all carb'd. Then it takes them 2 weeks for them to find out they cant get the part im looking for :banghead:

When I went to order a gas tank, they wanted payment up front with a 4-6 week delivery time. I called around and found a repair shop who would install it. They called and ordered it, and since they had an account with them, it didn't have to paid in advance. It took the dealership over a month to find out it was unavailable. If I had gone through the dealership, my money would have been held all that time and no tank!

Unless they're related, these stupid combo dealerships, like the Ford/Subaru and such I've read about above, should be outlawed. Related as in, GM (Saab/GMC/Pontiac dealership) or Ford (Ford/Lincoln/Merc). None of this mixed junk.

Yesterday, I had my Aunt Caroll talked into getting an 05 Baja instead of a Kia. The local dealership here was a Dodge dealership, with a tiny sign on the side that said Subaru. :rolleyes: They kept trying to talk her into a PT Cruiser and wouldnt give up till I told the guy to STFU and hand me the keys to the Baja I was standing next to.

Back up at home, its called <nameremoved> Subaru/Suzuki. Subaru comes first in the name, but its rather amusing to note that Suzuki gets priority throughout the entire dealership. I mean, who would want a Suzuki? :rolleyes:

I know you're into playing with the low priced help, but you can get the best prices on parts from www.1stsubaruparts.com. They ship UPS and shipping is free over $50 (I think) for parts; this is Auburn Subaru and their parts department is quite good. The website is awkward to order from so I call their 800 # and order verbally and they still give you the website discount (30% or more off list) and they won't collect salestax from you!

last time i was there the parts guy tried telling me the loyale's started in 85. and he wouldn't hear any diffrent
In this very unussual case the parts guy was correct. When the '85s came out, they were called Loyale's everywhere but Canada and the USA. When we received our first batch of collision parts from Subaru, the boxes said 'Leone/Loyale' on them.(I was a Subie parts manager back then)...........Gary:)

In this very unussual case the parts guy was correct. When the '85s came out, they were called Loyale's everywhere but Canada and the USA. When we received our first batch of collision parts from Subaru, the boxes said 'Leone/Loyale' on them.(I was a Subie parts manager back then)...........Gary:)

find where it says loyale any where on my 87 gl-10, 3-87 gl, and 2-86 gl's and i will give you $20<writing it on the car does not count>

stan

Not true.

They were called Leone from 1985 until the beginning of 1990. From 1990 on they were called Loyale, and only in america.

In austria, they were called "Leone Ranger" from 1990 until 1993.

Lukas

Were the Justys called "Justy Tanto"? :grin: HAHAHAHAHA!

Okay, I guess its not as funny when you laugh at your own jokes. Kurt

What is it around here in CT???? What do ppl have against older Subarus????...Geesh...Now today,after work I decided to spend some quality time with Bucky and start working on some of his rust issues that popped up over this winter.....and my neighbor yelled out the window..."Why dont you stop working on that POS and sell it and buy a new one!!! All you ever do is work on it!! Let it die!!!"

I about broke down in tears....I take pride in my Loyale....what has Bucky ever done to anyone bad to deserve being called a POS (OK by anyone else but me;) ). Bucky has jumped started my neighbors Blazer..he has given him rides to work when the Blazer was in the shop...and he has always been the first one to plow through the snow at the end of the drive so others can get out ( I am the first one to go to work in the morning).

I want to keep my precious Bucky till he reaches 300,000 miles or there is nothing left of him...whichever come first.