Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Fun At The Subaru dealership!

man just hook that thing up to ported vacuum (so the valve will open it higher throttle openings, but will be closed at idle and at WOT, like it should, this is what they did before they had computer controls) or just unplug the EGR valve and plug the line, worst that'll happen is it'll run hotter and you'll have to run a cooler thermostat and/or retard your timing a bit, but I've never had any EGR problems on my 87 and it's disconnected. (Broke the hard line pulling the head, and didnt' feel like paying out the tailshaft for a new one from the dealer)

man just hook that thing up to ported vacuum (so the valve will open it higher throttle openings, but will be closed at idle and at WOT, like it should, this is what they did before they had computer controls) or just unplug the EGR valve and plug the line, worst that'll happen is it'll run hotter and you'll have to run a cooler thermostat and/or retard your timing a bit, but I've never had any EGR problems on my 87 and it's disconnected. (Broke the hard line pulling the head, and didnt' feel like paying out the tailshaft for a new one from the dealer)

hey if you want another line i have a couple extra i could send down when russ comes and gets the rest of his stuff. <hopeully before christmasicon10.gif>

The Subaru dealership here caught mine on fire - they poured oil down the preheat tube - haven't bothered to go back since

not only are they crappy mechanics, they don't care that they are crappy mechanics

They are also a multi-dealership - they push Hyundai's, Nissan's, and VW's. Subarus are at the bottom of the list for them

The Subaru dealership here caught mine on fire - they poured oil down the preheat tube - haven't bothered to go back since

not only are they crappy mechanics, they don't care that they are crappy mechanics

They are also a multi-dealership - they push Hyundai's, Nissan's, and VW's. Subarus are at the bottom of the list for them

hmmm are the mechanics at that shop the same guys in the GEICO comercials with excessive body hair?

• 2 weeks later...
find where it says loyale any where on my 87 gl-10, 3-87 gl, and 2-86 gl's and i will give you $20<writing it on the car does not count>

stan

Sorry, Stan. What I said was 'the label on the boxes' with replacement parts said LEONE/LOYALE in 1985 NOT THE CAR ITSELF (my wife had a '85 GL 4dr 4WD) as a matter of fact, it didn't even say 'GL' on the car anywhere. Gary

Bucky has jumped started my neighbors Blazer..he has given him rides to work when the Blazer was in the shop...and he has always been the first one to plow through the snow at the end of the drive so others can get out ( I am the first one to go to work in the morning).

I want to keep my precious Bucky till he reaches 300,000 miles or there is nothing left of him...whichever come first.

Next time your neighbor's blazer is in the shop, don't give him a ride - in fact use the same line on him!

hmmm are the mechanics at that shop the same guys in the GEICO comercials with excessive body hair?

probably - I have never looked closely at them or their shop because it may cause me to make involuntary muscle movements ... or break something

their idiots - can't expect too much out of them

• 3 months later...
What is it around here in CT???? What do ppl have against older Subarus????...Geesh...Now today,after work I decided to spend some quality time with Bucky and start working on some of his rust issues that popped up over this winter.....and my neighbor yelled out the window..."Why dont you stop working on that POS and sell it and buy a new one!!! All you ever do is work on it!! Let it die!!!"

I about broke down in tears....I take pride in my Loyale....what has Bucky ever done to anyone bad to deserve being called a POS (OK by anyone else but me;) ). Bucky has jumped started my neighbors Blazer..he has given him rides to work when the Blazer was in the shop...and he has always been the first one to plow through the snow at the end of the drive so others can get out ( I am the first one to go to work in the morning).

I want to keep my precious Bucky till he reaches 300,000 miles or there is nothing left of him...whichever come first.

Bust up just ONE body panel on his 2004 Buick (or whatever) and watch him sell it for $2000