Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Deadbolt Enterprises Port/Polish Turbo inside

Finally got around to installing it today...gave him a stock VF7 and he P'nP'd it!

It spools quicker ofcourse, theres way more top end then before, and overall the car feels much torquier....whatever bottom end was lost from the TWE header being on the car (some people argue that ALL the bottom end - below 3000 is GONE - I've yet to see that even with the otherwise stock setup) is back and better than ever!

We'll see how it responds on an autox course comming April 3rd at CCR's Knights Castle event.

Pics!

Dscf3906.jpg

Dscf3909.jpg

Dscf3910.jpg

Dscf3911.jpg

Dscf3912.jpg

The reason for my asking is because I have been entertaining the idea of porting and polishing the compressor side. Hypothetically, it should make the turbo a little more efficient. Anyone have any thoughts?

Please forgive me Will, I'm not intentionally trying to thread jack.;)

in all honesty...using a dremel will take about a week.

An air die grinder works 100 times better, especially if you payed about 10 bucks and got a nice carbide bit for it.

No doubt, dremels are weak. I'm using a dremel to do the final finish work on a set of heads I've ported with a die grinder. I would have given up a long time ago trying to use a dremel to do the serious meat removal.

Man..you actuall sent that away, and payed money for it??

That's a couple dremel bits, about 3 beers and an hour! ;)

i've done all mine and they looks almost identical

thats what i was thinkin. its cast iron, so not as easy as aluminum. but i could never pay for someone to remove a little metal.

for the works on the exh side of a 13g it comes to like 175....or something.

alot of people are not like us, we have resources so we can do this kind of stuff.....most dont, so Jerry had and idea for a serive and buisness is born for him. I dont have the resources to PnP a turbo, nor the knowledge, so I just gave it to him.

That is very true.

I did a mild port and polish job about a year ago with a turbo that I got off a turbocharged Ford Probe(Yes I realize it's the same turbo). Anyway, it came out great and it took me about a week, with some help from some die grinder bits(grinding stones), an el-cheapo drill that I bought at Wally world, and a tungsten carbide dremel bit. It probably would have gone alot quicker if I had a die grinder but sometimes you gotta roll with the punches and make due.:brow: I also took the compressor side off and polished it out to a mirror finish using some 2000 grit sandpaper. It flowed great and spool-up response was definately increased. Now I want to accomplish the same thing with the turbo that I have on my Subie before I go to Okinawa.