Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Spiffdafied wheel

WOW! Those were really rusty! You are very ambitious to tackle those! What color are you coing to paint the middle? Great job so far!!!! (It was me that posted about painting my wagon wheels - black in the middle and aluminum silver around the edges).

I've only put in about 2 hours and some change. I used a drill with a wire wheel and wire cup to do the cleaning. Gonna need something MUCH more aggressive to handle the rust pitting. I'm going to leave the center natural, but I'm going to try to polish it up a bit. I've put on some clear to keep it from rusting until I can get after it again. Looks better in person than in pictures, I think. When I get it cleaned up the way I want it, I'll try out my new paint gear with some epoxy paint. Black rims, polished steel centers with clear coat.

did my rims all black as well i would have the centercaps on there natural looking but i only have 3 and ran over 1 of the da%$ things lol. i would try to get a pic but i can only seem to keep them clean for a day or less before i go out mudding again, so they usually look color match brown lol

yeah a picture never does justice to how something looks