Ultimate Subaru Message Board

found a wieard RX yesterday

could have been a LATE 86...EARLY 87 build...85-86's came in a few different colors. 87-89 had white only....89.5+ had black avalible.

Could have been a swapped car as well...

56B=RX tho.

OH SNIT!!!!!!!!

I just ran the SUBARU Vin Vehicle inquiry...

its a GL-10 with the RX package. Built July 1st 1986. :slobber:

but it NOW.

ok i know rxs are supose to be white or grey but this one was blue..

87 rx sedan

light blue

trunklid spoiler

red rx badging

fake leather seats trim with little checker board centers

5speed dualrange diff lock

lsd

vin jf2ac556b1hg220351

later

oh paint was orignal coolor

I think there is an extra number in the VIN, I think it should be JF2AC56B1HG220351. WJM, I don't know where you get the idea it is a GL-10, there is no air suspension on the car (the 5 is an 1800 AWD w/o air, a GL-10 would have a 7 instead). It is an 87 model years and it should have a Full Time 4WD D/R tranny with a center lock in it. The color is probably correct, because there was not the limited choice of color on the sedans as there was on the coupes. Look for a color code on the radiator support.

I think there is an extra number in the VIN, I think it should be JF2AC56B1HG220351. WJM, I don't know where you get the idea it is a GL-10, there is no air suspension on the car (the 5 is an 1800 AWD w/o air, a GL-10 would have a 7 instead). It is an 87 model years and it should have a Full Time 4WD D/R tranny with a center lock in it. The color is probably correct, because there was not the limited choice of color on the sedans as there was on the coupes. Look for a color code on the radiator support.

why dont you check this out:

http://www.geocities.com/wmaham1701/GL10RXSEDAN.pdf

says clearly there, GL-10....RX pgk.

Some early 87's did indeed come in other colors. The yard used to have a silver one, and a guy in town has a very light green one.

From 85 to very early 87 model year you could order an RX SEDAN in any color. The coupes though, they were all white- except for the RX wannabes. But the wannabes weren't badged as an RX.

why dont you check this out:

http://www.geocities.com/wmaham1701/GL10RXSEDAN.pdf

says clearly there, GL-10....RX pgk.

Interesting, based upon the VIN breakdown chart taken from a Subaru Parts Price Book ( http://www.corkysrocks.net/images/VIN.bmp ), it doesn't mention a GL-10 using that VIN. I see you also caught the extra number.

Is your database only good for USA models???

Not to be a monkey but....

It also says that it is a "Loyale"... I didnt think that loyales came about till much later... I know they are basically the same, but your computer seems to be adding more info then poss. originally included.

No, outside the USA, these cars were called Loyales, the EA81s and earlier were known as Leones.

all of the EA82s are refered to as Loyales in USA. Leones as well, but VERY limted useage in USA....but known as Leone everywhere else in the world.

its a GL-10 with the RX package. Period.

So, you're not going to answer my question?

Woops... :-p

get me a few JDM/EDM vins or what not and I'll find out.

JDM VINs are different, here's one, GC8-029229, the model code is where the model year is, for this car the model code is GC8C48D, in this case the 'C' between the 8 and the 4 is for 1995 or 1996 (both years were "C" models).

Yup,I've seen light blue sedans around that were definitely RX's