Ultimate Subaru Message Board

sweet seats

Down at the local u-pull I found a couple of nice seats for the 85 DL wagon, now featuring a converted limited slip rear diff. The old ones had holes in the seat covers that were covering more holes in the seat iteslf, and they made my back hurt. I found a couple of crushed velvet replacements with adjustable lumbar, adjustable seat height, head rest that goes up and down and in and out, and no holes! It musta been owned by somebody clean and skinny, cuz the car had 200K miles on it, but the seats were only a little worn and completely intact. And I thought only VWs had the adjustable height seats.

- James B

Here they are.

Its only the drivers seat that has this, and its not particularly well designed in my opinion. because it doesn't have the telescopic arm, its rather difficult to raise the seat when you are sitting in it. Does the trick though.

post-8111-136027600669_thumb.jpg

post-8111-136027600676_thumb.jpg

Are those seats fairly common and are they avalible in light brown?

Don't know, and don't know..... I'll be going to the wreckers in a few days to get an egr control solenoid (damn things), so ill have a look at a few cars there for you.

Does yours have a tilting steering wheel?