Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Light switch on top of steering column??

which Soobs have those???

all 87-later L cars have them, yours and mine don't have them because they are pre-87 MY, and all pre-87 MY have it all on the dash (hazard on steering column) - I like the control layout on the 85-86 more b/c of that (and a few other things - like the wiper control)

I had to ask, cuz' I've never cum up with a logical use for it. Thought maybe some soobie wizard had one. "Virgin switch" is an appropriate name though.

Thank you, thank you, (taking a bow).

The 'logical' purpose is to satisfy European requirements for an independent parking light switch. Many (if not most) European cities require that your parking lights reamin on when parked on a city street after dark .

My dad had been removing one of his fuses to turn his lights off for a couple years. Well, actually inserting the fuse when he needed lights. Only one finger on left hand... had to take a knee outside everytime. That was til I installed a switch for him.

Then I got an RX, found this board, found out that he already had a switch! :drunk: