Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Should I take it????

I was offered for free today a 93 Loyale wagon. Has a blown head gasket and possibly a cracked head. Dont know anything else about it cept that the owner is going to junk it if I dont take it. Dont know if its a FWD or 4WD or anything. The person who told me about it doesnt know anything either....whole thing started out as they wanted me to put a water pump in it but I just dont have time.( Funny when ppl at you job know you are the Subaru Gal )

Its about35 miles from here and I dont want to pay a towing company to get it here...plus I dont really have a place to park it and strip it down.

Or Maybe someone from here might want it. I can try to get more info tomorrow at work

BYW its in Waterbury CT

I would first find out if it is 4WD - that makes a big difference as to whether or not it is worth persuing - then find out mileage and overall condition - if it is 4WD and pristine, save for the headgasket/head, and it has a lot of goodies, I would try to tackle it if I could in some way afford it - otherwise, I would see if I could nab some parts off it if he/she is going to junk it

I can already tell you its not free :( Borrowing a truck is free if someone can kick it down to yout but a tow dolly is $35/day around here and gas isnt cheap. $150 for head gaskets; $400 for a new head if it really needs one ($160 for a remaned head). Who knows what else is wrong with it if they overheated it real bad.

In for a project car?

I can already tell you its not free :( Borrowing a truck is free if someone can kick it down to yout but a tow dolly is $35/day around here and gas isnt cheap. $150 for head gaskets; $400 for a new head if it really needs one ($160 for a remaned head). Who knows what else is wrong with it if they overheated it real bad.

In for a project car?

No not looking at it for a project...I already have my Bucky who is still in really good shape (cept for some neglectful basic maintanence stuff). I was looking at it to strip it down for parts..or maybe a fix and resell...I happen to have an extra pair of heads ..2 pair if you count the ones on my spare motor (that needs head gaskets).

I was thinking more on the lines of getting the rear and all for anyone here on the board who needs one..IF it is a 4WD Loyale.

I am still holding out for an early 80s coupe for my project.

I know you can still strip it down at my place.We can leave it there for the landlord to steam over.:lol:

Seriously,I can probably help you out depending on the situation.

I might/should have an engine.

What,no phone call??:rolleyes:

Paulyburger...I dont want it for myself really...just wanted to maybe scavenge it for parts...I was basically thinking if it was 4WD to rip that out . If I am understanding the friend right..it isnt worth fixing so I am thinking probably a NE rust bucket.

Saving myself for a coupe

yo i got tenative plans to come up to pauls to work on some soobs. if you need a hand in parting fixing, or expediting the car i could help out. i have a tow bar that fits on ea82 subarus. heck i may be interested in the car myself, if you part it off for what you want, as long as it has a title and can be put back together i could take it with me.

depending on the junkyard we could tow it to the yard and pull the suspensions this works out good with the towbar as i have junked 3 cars this way

i figure if im out that way might as well get things lined up and run cartel on that part of the country! holalr back