Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Getting Anxious!

Its going to be about another week till we can get my 82 GLF home...but I am getting anxious! Already told my landlord about it coming (was afraid of the limited parking it might be a problem) and he said its fine to keep it here :banana: ..of course he is a classic car collector too (67 ALL original Nova in the garage..never seen rain or snow and an old MGB in the other garage). Even he can't believe the mileage on it.

Plus word gets around!! Chris,at the garage down the street,asked me tis morning (while I was getting gas) if I was the one who is getting the super low mileage 82 GLF coupe...How did he know?!!?! I said yes and he wants me to bring it down asap so he can see and drool over it.I told him if he is nice I might let him fix the exhaust manifold gasket.

Shame is that Bucky is jealous....BIG TIME!!! He has been ticking again and not running smooth. I keep telling him that she isnt going to replace him...she is just going to be driven for a bit till I can get all thats wrong with him fixed.Then he will be my main man again. I think once he sees her he will be fine...I still think he is alittle heartbroken that the 88 3 door that Melis bought from Paul is in PA and not here in CT....He really liked her.

I just finished seperating out my parts..into Coupe boxes and Bucky boxes.

I need to come up with a name for her....kinda leaning towards Abby.

OH!! Please excuse this totally useless thread :grin:

And how does Tom feel about this? hmmm...:lol: :lol:

LMAO Tommy is fine with it...He was taught to share.

Actually he has been a big support for me with this cause I feel overwhelmed by it (not as bad as Paulyburger though with his move and all....I will be there tomorrow to help BTW). But everytime time I say "What am I doing?? I can barely afford to keep bucky on the road and now to have 2??""" Tom just says it will all work out...When will I ever get the chance to have one of these with that kind of mileage and in that shape again.

Connie,

That is one nice coupe... way better looking than the one I had... you're gonna LOVE it! You can drive them for hours without fatigue, the ergonomics are perfect. See you tomorrow! We're heading down to be there around noon.

Hey Mary!!

I will be there between 12:30 and 1 I think. I hope you can hang around for a bit cause most likely Tommy will be coming down after he gets off work and I would love for you and Tim to meet him. For someone we can't convert he sure does like hanging with my Subie friends...Actually he really likes Paul and Paul has asked him to marry him twice now :drunk::brow::grin::lol: