Ultimate Subaru Message Board

man i had to tow my wagon twice in 2 days!

it was just a fun weekend, first on sunday morning i had to have my gf pull me outta my back yard since i got stuck going mudding in it (d%$# creek) which was real humiliating since i had to get pulled out by a ford!!! then on monday on my way home from running some errands about 5 miles from the house i busted a timing belt and after getting a ride to my house had the wife steer the wagon while i towed it home with the hatch. the hatch did real well considering it was 5 miles on a hilly twisty mountian road.

i did find out though why it was lacking power, the previous owner had the damn timing belts off by 180 degrees, im amazed that it would even idle decent before now that i have it set right with new belts(thanks miles for the excellent writeup!) and set it to 8 degrees btdc it will smoke the tires in 4hi on pavement now(not that i plan on doing that again!) still ticks like a bi#$% though

... i had to have my gf pull me outta my back yard...

...had the wife steer the wagon while i towed it home ...

confused.gif

Ok that sounds really funny in the same paragraph. You mean your Subaru GF right.... :brow:

That's why you have two soobs. One soob to tow the other one when it's down. Leave no soob behind.

My BRAT has towed my OBS once. Ok... OBS helped a bit b/c the engine was running and I used the brakes on the OBS to slow both cars down.

bw

confused.gif

Ok that sounds really funny in the same paragraph. You mean your Subaru GF right.... :brow:

Yeah, I noticed the same thing when I read it... but then I noticed it was from Tennessee... ;)

You could probably advance your timing a bit more than 8 degrees for even better results.

ummmm didnt noticed i mentioned those 2 things till they were pointed out, well lets just say this site doesnt have a section to go into that lol, and believe me it doesnt have a thing to do with tennessee ive only been here a cpl years!

after driving it for about 50 miles today the ticking stopped and is has run whisper quiet for the last 100 or so, so maybe its done with it for a while, did a little more adjustment since i had the disty a little too advanced yesterday, it was fully retarded to make it run and any more advancement on it by turning it was too much and made it die. so i have it set now so its dead on where it is supposed to be.

subaru dude lol on the tennessee thing, really dont know how i burnt the tires in 4hi but i can say a new fuel filter does wonders for any car and no its not supposed to be brown lol its supposed to be white lol, unless its covered in mud like mine lol