Ultimate Subaru Message Board

She is Home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got sweetbaby girl home....WOW what a trip....went without incident but it was a LOOOONNNGGGG trip..Pauls 84 wagon did an amazing job towing her home...it didnt like the hills but it did GREAT..I started calling it...Little Car with Big Heart. We had a few scarey moments...but luckily nothing happened..plus we lucked into good weather the whole trip...and because of the Luck..she has now been named Lucky.....thats right ..Bucky and Lucky:grin: . I dont know how many times we all said "What the heck were we thinking" and "What is wrong with us..this is insane"

But anyway she is home and I will be having a TON of questions ...I am super happy but have found some concerns..(smokes heavily when started here at home..smelled like raw fuel)..

But I did find a treasure....the original case that her keys came in from back when she was new.

Sorry for no picsof sube towing sube..it was too late and dark.

Anyway more tomorrow

did Paul forget about me:o

waited since 4pm with the cap.anyway, i`m glad you made it home safe, and lets hear more tommorow.

jon

no,he didn't.....just too tired,and too much to get done untill ohhhhhhhh,about 3AM.'nuff said.....Congrats to Connie!!!!!!!

So when is this Meet and Greet for the newest member of the subaru family?

Congrats Connie and a very warm thank you to everyone for saving another of a dying breed. :D

So when is this party again... :lol: I can't wait to :slobber: and of course Michelle will be like :confused:

Matt

I think Paul adveraged about 60mph with the coupe loaded..sometimes he crept it up to 70 but that was usually downhill.....and yes it did drift a good bit...specially when a bus or a big truck passed.Plus it didnt want to stop the best or turn very well.....Not something I know I would recommend often.

The wagon was a 4 spd and after just talking with Paul..he said its tired now.He towed his coupe after we were done with mine.

He can explain more

Yup,pretty much what she said.

The '84 is much better now.I was in 4WD around 12:30 AM Saturday/Sunday trying to back my coupe into a good spot.I worked the tranny a lot that 10 minutes or so.It was resisting reverse,but once I got it back into 2WD all was wonderful again.Tranny acts great once again.Knock on wood.:drunk:

Going up into the mountains was probably the toughest.Connies coupe would tow much better down here in the "flatlands".

My '73 is so light,it barely feels like there's a car there after towing the '82