Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Reman Carb probs...

Ok...i bought a reman 2BBl ...its only a month old....about a wk ago the carb started acting crazy....the idle wouldn't hold... ect....so i took it to a auto shop that works only on japanese cars.....

here's what they said.....attemped to adjust carb.carb will not respond correctly,has "internal vaccum leak" bla bla bla..

ok anybody out there know about carbs??? is it possible to make a judgement without tearing the carb apart...? ive notified the comp i bought the carb from i have a 2 yr warrentee...just want to know if this repair place is correct...

spark

The base plate on these carbs tends to warp. Companies not familiar with Subaru carburators will rebuild them warped and that would mean to me that you have an internal vac leak. Their diagnosis is probably correct.

Who rebuilt your carbs?

Did you have Roobuilders do it? He specializes in Subaru carbs and does fabulous work. Just hard to get a hold of him.

Yup Kerry @roo builders....kerry's a great guy , he told me to ship it back and he'd fix it in no time and pay for the frt......the prob i have now is that the hornet is the only car i have and my left head gasket is now shot i need to get somebody local (seattle) that is good to do the head gasket......PS...anybody wanting to know about ROO bulders let me tell you.....Kerry is a upfront guy 100% ....no b.s..... i'd buy from him again...... spark

About a month ago, my father rebuilt 3 carbs in one week, one had zero problems, other came back for minor adjustments,(linkage was dried out) but the third it left and was running perfect, the owner called and said it hadn't ran that well in about a year. About 2 weeks later, he called and it wouldn't idle, my father took it apart and 2 times and couldn't get it to run right, even with a different car top. Finally just rebuilt a different carb for him. Carbs can be tough.

If the car was running, I would have hoped he would send you out the other carb first if he has an extra so that you can keep your vehicle on the road. But the fact that it has a blown gasket, makes that point void.