Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Emergency contact info/anyone want to meet for lunch? East Coast Atlanta to CT

I'm driving from Atlanta back home to northern CT this weekend in my new-to-me '73 split gate...if anyone wants to meet for lunch, or can spare an emergency phone number in case something goes wrong (just so I have someplace to tow the car for a couple hours) I'd really appreciate it. It's going to be a long drive, and it'd be nice to meet some faces from the board if you happen to be free. I'm planning on leaving Atlanta around 11AM this Saturday, if nothing goes wrong with the title paperwork, and getting back into Conn. by 6-8pm Sunday.

My email address is aparker4.mac.com@earthlink.net and my phone # is 413-222-2428 if you're willing/able.

Thanks,

Andrew

I-95 Board members seem to be hard to come by.

You should be calling me right now and coming down for your manuals tonight.....remember?:) I know you're probably flippin out right now.You'll do fine with or w/o manuals,but try to stop down if before 11PM if you can.Call coming soon.I need to run out for a little bit.

Thanks for helping out guys.

I got a call a while ago.Andrew says the car is excellent!!! They were just leaving the dealer and by now they're probably in SC somewhere.

He mentioned possibly going up 81 instead of 95 just because of the board population/demography in the southern states.

Chicken fried steak,grits,iced tea,and shoe fly pie......shooooooey boy! I hope he brings me a doggy bag!

Thanks for helping out guys.

I got a call a while ago.Andrew says the car is excellent!!! They were just leaving the dealer and by now they're probably in SC somewhere.

He mentioned possibly going up 81 instead of 95 just because of the board population/demography in the southern states.

Chicken fried steak,grits,iced tea,and shoe fly pie......shooooooey boy! I hope he brings me a doggy bag!

for some reason chicken fried steak sounds disgusting to me

Last call he was going through,or just through Charlotte,NC.....or was it Charlottesville,SC?....or Charlotte's Country Kitchen after some chicken fried mountain oysters......???:)

I think he was going to hit Tony's-MeekyMoose-and just rest a bit,handshakes,etc. and hit the road again with he and his dad rotating toothpicks in their eyelids.

Seriously,thanks to Tony and anyone else who helps our young hero.:headbang:

'73!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to see it.

Wow,and just like *that* he calls....

They're near LostWater's place but at this hour I doubt Mark would be around and see this in time.

So,they're near Christianburg,VA rolling up I-81 with the truckers from hell,pushing and pulling them northward.

Our hero says it'll be an all-nighter :headbang: ,toothpicks being dispensed as needed.

He should be through NY early in the morning.Personally,I'm hoping he gets to Connie's in Danbury,CT early so I can scoot up there,take some pics,wipe my drool,and cry all the way home....:banghead: in time to get some work done at home.

Connie,if you see this you can all me.Depending on the timeframe maybe we'll all meet at your place,or even any spot off I-84 conveneint for us all.You're welcome to call Andrew with directions,or if your place is not good we'll meet at Marcus Dairy or somewhere,if possible.There'll be some folks there who'll appreciate seeing that car,for sure.

I am glad Andrew and the wagon all made it home OK.....I wasnt home I was at Toms and I dont get cell phone servise there...I wish I would have known sooner cause we would have come back here to my place. I am sorry..should have hijacked Toms puter tis morning.

Email em to me if you want ill post em. I never have any problems with the gallery 4 some reason. shawnw@ultimatesubaru.org

Daze home now........Just met them around noon off of I-84 in Waterbury.For some reason I'm having trouble getting my pictures into my gallery.Otherwise you'd be seeing one hell of a nice 1973 vehicle!!!!!

Guys--thanks for all your offers of help in getting this wagon back!! MUCH appreciated and I hope to see you all in the near future. (I'll be at Connie's on Sat., probably with the wagon as long as it doesn't steal Lucky's thunder!)