Ultimate Subaru Message Board

overheating. . . alot

my wagon keeps overheating, especially if i turn it on and just let it sit there, like not drive it anywhere, and the other day it was kind of hot outside and i was driving around and i pulled into a car lot and turned it off and it started to overheat, whats the deal?

Could be a few different things causing the overheating..thermostat could be partially stuck closed or fully closed,low or no antifreeze,clogged radiator...start with the simple first.

I know my 82 GLF has 2 electric fans on the radiator..none driven off the motor like my 92 Loyale...make sure they are turning on.

Dont let it overheat too much or you will be doing a head gasket and or head change on it. Hopefully no damage has been done.

i replaced my thermo and my old was wasnt even bad, and i flushed m radiator with just water a few times and all the water that came out was just really rusty, and my fan kicks on, but only one, its the one on the drivers side if that matters. is there anyway that i could get like a bigger radiator and that would help?