Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Does anyone know???

What years did the GLF run?

What was so special about the GLF over a GL?

and Does anyone have pics of this car?

Google really has no pics of a glf except in the (outback) which is 4wd and green Very nice and one some one tricked out with tinted windows and wheels.

But I'm looking for other shots.

Thanks

Brad

Take a look in the brochure section and you should be able to see when it came in?

http://www.usmb.net/gallery/album15

I looked through that link and I could not find anything about the GLF,

The Gl's Dl's yes but seems to class everything as a 4dr sedan.

I want to know what makes glf different from the rest of the classes.

The 80 & 81 brochures mention the GLF but I see nothing from 82 and on. Looks like the GL-10 replaced the GLF as the high end model somewhere between 83-84. Don't quote me on this though, the text is a little difficult to read.

EDIT: Upon further reading, it looks like it was also available in '82.

Well!! Since I happen to own an 82 GLF I might be able to help. I believe they were called GLFs until 83 then went to the GL-10 with the digital dash.. Now my 82 GLF has all the options from sunroof to power windows and AC. Thats about all I know about the differences between the GL DL and GLF..I believe its mainly trim.

b698.jpg?phce4lCBhusFxbIV

I hope this turns out ...here is a pic of my 82 GLF...she is soo pretty with only 32,000 miles on her

Thanks Chris, My Dad is giving me that 82' GLF I think I talked to you about it. Anyway having trouble finding out about it.

So did you get many looks with the wagon on the way home?

Brad

I wish I had brought a camera to get pics of all the looks and waves we received bring it home. It's in my yard right now and the UPS guy couldn't stop laughing when he saw it yesterday. :lol: Now I just need to get some time to look it over.

Let me know if the GLF needs any parts. I have a couple pretty complete ea81 parts cars still and I can bring stuff down when I come to look at your Brat.

Thank you for the info, I'm at work now and did not see the pic but it may be the set up here I will try again when I'm at home.

Chris - Dragon wagon is a great name!!! I hope you can get more use out of it than I did. Right now I have not taken posession of the glf but it is comming, so right now I do not know of parts I need.

I'll pm you when I know