Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1989 RX suspension

does anyone know what suspension set up the 89 RX has and is there any aftermarket coilover/struts for it? I know the xt has KYB and there are a few other old subarus supported by tokico. Is there anything for the RX? Or is the RX running any suspension set up of another car?

hopefully will can chime in on this one, hes the suspension master. iirc, you can put kyb gr2s in the front. rears are gonna be oem unless you concoct your own custom set up.

concoct as iiiin...could i evver mod some sti suspension? seems maybe possible with a bit of work. I would want some decent suspension to greatly reduce body roll to brring ouut the light weight of the RX.

KYB's are offered for the RX. The original sring rates were slightly higher than the average GL. Body roll isn't controlled so much with the shock/struts as a larger sway bar. I believe the RX had either an 18 or 19mm bar. The XT6 has a 20mm rear bar. That with new bushings will reduce some of the roll.

KYB's are offered for the RX. The original sring rates were slightly higher than the average GL. Body roll isn't controlled so much with the shock/struts as a larger sway bar. I believe the RX had either an 18 or 19mm bar. The XT6 has a 20mm rear bar. That with new bushings will reduce some of the roll.

do you know the price of such a bar would be? and could it be possible to have on thicker? by the way do u know if there are any struts or anything? I really want to work on body roll and stiffness to reduce roll and maximize cornering, since this car wasnt made for speed to say.